Author Topic: Pointing to clientraw.txt, et al on a different server  (Read 750 times)

Offline miraculon

• Sunrise Side Weather
  • Forecaster
  • KE8DAF
    • Sunrise Side Weather in Rogers City MI USA
Pointing to clientraw.txt, et al on a different server
« on: January 16, 2016, 11:00:38 AM »
I am running into a lot of problems with my hosting, they lock out my IP for more than three concurrent FTP sessions. Rather than explain my tale of woe, is there a way to change the references for clientraw.txt, (daily, hourly, ...) to another server address NOT on the file path of the hosted template? I have changed ALL of my uploads to a different host.

As a last resort, I could download these files, then re-upload them assuming these dolts will allow me a single FTP session...

Greg H.

Blitzortung Stations #706 and #1682
CoCoRaHS: MI-PI-1
CWOP: CW4114 and KE8DAF-13
WU: KMIROGER7
Amateur Radio Callsign: KE8DAF

Offline Jáchym

• Meteotemplate Developer
  • Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
Re: Pointing to clientraw.txt, et al on a different server
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2016, 11:03:29 AM »
I think this will depend on your server configuration, some servers restrict retrieving data from external sources, but in most cases it will work, the only way to really know is to test it.

Offline wvdkuil

• Wim van der kuil
  • Forecaster
    • My PWS at Leuven Belgium Europe
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2016, 11:35:59 AM »
I am running into a lot of problems with my hosting, they lock out my IP for more than three concurrent FTP sessions. Rather than explain my tale of woe, is there a way to change the references for clientraw.txt, (daily, hourly, ...) to another server address NOT on the file path of the hosted template? I have changed ALL of my uploads to a different host.

As a last resort, I could download these files, then re-upload them assuming these dolts will allow me a single FTP session...

Greg H.
As I have to test with more then 10 weather-programs I ran into the same problems albeit with a larger number of concurrent sessions. I switched to the FLING  FTP program (http://www.nchsoftware.com/fling/). All weather-programs, including WD, only generate the files and do not upload them. Fling opens only 1 FTP session to any host. So no more concurrent sessions.

With Fling I am also able to upload some files to multiple hosts to have different servers.

Wim

Offline miraculon

• Sunrise Side Weather
  • Forecaster
  • KE8DAF
    • Sunrise Side Weather in Rogers City MI USA
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2016, 02:26:40 PM »

I opted for this. I get the clientraw*.txt files and MBtags.php from the repository site, then put them up to the website.
It seems to be working. Thank goodness for Linux shell scripts.

Greg H.

Blitzortung Stations #706 and #1682
CoCoRaHS: MI-PI-1
CWOP: CW4114 and KE8DAF-13
WU: KMIROGER7
Amateur Radio Callsign: KE8DAF