Author Topic: **Acurite Atlas 7/8 with FARS + Many Add-Ons Now Available** -Elite Soon?  (Read 49646 times)

Offline alanb

• Forecaster
Re: New Acurite Atlas 7/8 Station (Elite Summer 2018?) HD FARS
« Reply #150 on: January 30, 2018, 12:03:53 AM »
Well, if the Atlas is available somewhere, I can't find it. Their web site still says "Coming Soon" ... same thing it has said for almost 13 months now.

I know you beta testers have something, but for the rest of us it is still vaporware, so I think that term is valid until there is a product we can purchase. I don't question that the Atlas might become a product someday. Since they refuse to tell us anything about price or expected availability, all we can do is speculate.
Alan - Ambient WS-2000, WH31E x5, WH31L, Ecowitt WN32(WH32E)
          Airthings Corentium Home Radon Detector 223

Offline nincehelser

• Forecaster
« Reply #151 on: January 30, 2018, 12:06:55 AM »
Well, if the Atlas is available somewhere, I can't find it. Their web site still says "Coming Soon" ... same thing it has said for almost 13 months now.

I know you beta testers have something, but for the rest of us it is still vaporware, so I think that term is valid until there is a product we can purchase. I don't question that the Atlas might become a product someday. Since they refuse to tell us anything about price or expected availability, all we can do is speculate.

It's unfortunate your "speculation" is so far off the mark.  Just like your claims that everything was "photoshopped".

What I find is strange is how other weather station companies will take money on advance orders and still not deliver after as long as 18 months, yet there is nary a peep of complaint or bad-mouthing.

« Last Edit: January 30, 2018, 12:16:44 AM by nincehelser »

Offline seamonkeys1

« Reply #152 on: January 30, 2018, 12:26:40 AM »
Coming sometime in 2020 ;). Amazon doesn't even have product pages for it.

Did they show it off again at ces this year ?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Offline BeaverMeadow

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #153 on: January 30, 2018, 08:09:22 AM »

And that's just the Atlas 7/8, not the Elite. BIG DIFFERENCE!

Offline nincehelser

• Forecaster
« Reply #154 on: January 30, 2018, 08:15:25 AM »

And that's just the Atlas 7/8, not the Elite. BIG DIFFERENCE!

It's just a staged deploy... concentrate on getting one model out, then the next.

No big deal unless they're holding on to your money or something.

Offline DoctorKnow

• Forecaster
« Reply #155 on: January 30, 2018, 09:34:51 AM »
I haven't had one single problem with the hardware of the atlas. The only thing I had to do was pull down the anemometer as it had slipped up off the contacts during shipping. Once I pulled it down into position, it has been good. I do loose the signal on the display for some reason where I have it sitting, but if I move it, the issue goes away... I think one of my other stations interferes with the display. The access antenna doesn't miss a beat. 10 seconds or less it updates on Wunderground.

Offline seamonkeys1

« Reply #156 on: April 30, 2018, 12:59:52 PM »
any eta on this weather station yet?

Offline DoctorKnow

• Forecaster
« Reply #157 on: May 03, 2018, 12:34:37 PM »
I did some research to update this. According to Acurite, they are still in the second round of testing... Keep checking back for more is the best advice I can offer. Apparently the original unit we tested had some flaws that needed to be addressed by sending the prototype back to the lab for reconfiguration.

Offline daman

• Forecaster
« Reply #158 on: May 03, 2018, 12:52:43 PM »
Well that's good I guess hopefully they get the final product right
KMIBADAX38
AcuRite Iris/AcuRite Access

Offline alanb

• Forecaster
« Reply #159 on: May 03, 2018, 01:01:08 PM »
When asked about this in Acurite's company forum, they stated it will be available "late summer / early fall". That statement was made about this time in 2017. I guess they never confirmed which year they were talking about. :-) Maybe they will actually get it out early this summer so they can claim they exceeded their own estimate!
« Last Edit: May 03, 2018, 01:03:45 PM by alanb »

Offline seamonkeys1

« Reply #160 on: May 03, 2018, 01:08:09 PM »
Frist wave took a a year and a half of testing. 2nd wave will take 2 year should have a product by Summer of 2020.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Offline daman

• Forecaster
« Reply #161 on: May 03, 2018, 02:18:50 PM »
When asked about this in Acurite's company forum, they stated it will be available "late summer / early fall". That statement was made about this time in 2017. I guess they never confirmed which year they were talking about. :-) Maybe they will actually get it out early this summer so they can claim they exceeded their own estimate!
right but since then they've ran into issues that need to be fixed so that date was thrown out the window long time ago
KMIBADAX38
AcuRite Iris/AcuRite Access

Offline BeaverMeadow

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #162 on: May 03, 2018, 03:04:31 PM »
Acurite doesn't list the Atlas on their website anymore as "coming soon". Also, doing a search for "Atlas" on their website returns two hits: one for the Access and one for a mounting tripod but searching those two pages does not come up with any reference at "Atlas".

I clicked on "live chat" and got a response from Chris that he is reviewing my request for info on when the Atlas will be available..................................................

Chris: Right now we do not have a release date. We are going through the final stages of testing right now
Me: Thanks for the quick response!
Chris: Is there anything else I can help you with?
Should you have further questions, please feel free to contact us. You will be receiving an email survey regarding my assistance today. Thank you for choosing AcuRite. Have a great day!

Offline alanb

• Forecaster
« Reply #163 on: May 03, 2018, 03:40:03 PM »
Acurite doesn't list the Atlas on their website anymore as "coming soon". Also, doing a search for "Atlas" on their website returns two hits: one for the Access and one for a mounting tripod but searching those two pages does not come up with any reference at "Atlas".
That is interesting. Hopefully they are working on the web site in preparation for the Atlas roll out, and this is not an indication that they are trying to quietly shelf the project and hope no one notices. I have never understood Acurite's strategy in the way they announced and promoted the Atlas early on, then dodged all inquiries and requests for information from interested customers. It seems self defeating to me, but there is apparently some marketing professional who thinks this is the right way to communicate about a new product.

I realize that if the Atlas ever hits the market, is reasonably priced and gets great reviews, we will all quickly forget the criticisms we have made about their announcement and communication strategy and gladly spend our money.

Offline nincehelser

• Forecaster
« Reply #164 on: May 03, 2018, 03:46:31 PM »
right but since then they've ran into issues that need to be fixed so that date was thrown out the window long time ago

Some of the speculation here isn't exactly correct.

Offline BeaverMeadow

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #165 on: May 03, 2018, 05:59:50 PM »
This is from Acurite website, July 2017:

AcuRite Jennifer      
11801 Posts 535 Reply Likes

Hello All,
We do appreciate that you are excited about the Atlas system. We are as well. We
want to make sure we have a product that meets your expectations, and you are
happy with.  When we have more details we will be happy to let you know about
them. Our original release date was in the summer, we have moved that back to
summer/ fall of this year. The reason for this is we want to extensively test and
make sure the product is functioning as designed. We have learned a very valuable
lesson from the migration, and do not want to make the same mistake again. We know
that our customers do not want to have to go through this again as well. We do
appreciate your understanding in this matter. Please let us know if there is
anything further we can assist you with.

And this from Tori also July 2017:

AcuRite Tori
1368 Posts 50 Reply Likes

Hello Everyone,
It is our goal as a company to be open with our customers and keep them up to date as we move forward.
As soon as we have more information regarding the Atlas family of products we will be sure to update you.
In the meantime please feel free to sign up for email updates regarding the Atlas. Thank you.
https://www.acurite.com/atlas-environmental-monitoring-solutions?utm_source=acurite&utm_content=...

Offline nincehelser

• Forecaster
« Reply #166 on: May 03, 2018, 06:02:31 PM »
That's not what I was talking about, but whatever...

Offline BeaverMeadow

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #167 on: May 03, 2018, 06:52:39 PM »
George, I wasn't responding to your post; just adding to the general discussion of this thread regarding Atlas release dates.

Offline dport

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #168 on: May 07, 2018, 08:02:22 PM »
Atlas is back up on amazon for $278 (with the lightening detector).  Listed as out of stock though.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Offline MrM1

• North Central Florida
  • Contributor
    • Bethel Weather
« Reply #169 on: May 16, 2018, 10:38:25 AM »
Are the 2020 dates mentioned here offering some kind of reality?  If so,  its time for me to find another weather station or another hobby.  I have been waiting on the release of the Atlas since Spring 2017.

Offline seamonkeys1

« Reply #170 on: May 16, 2018, 11:32:14 AM »
This is just a guess I made at their current rate. They showed the product off winter of 2017 with a promise of spring release date.

I bought off amazon when it was listed, but it has since been taken down again. I am sure my order will be canceled in 30 days.

Offline BeaverMeadow

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #171 on: May 16, 2018, 01:22:35 PM »
This is just a guess I made at their current rate. They showed the product off winter of 2017 with a promise of spring release date.

I bought off amazon when it was listed, but it has since been taken down again. I am sure my order will be canceled in 30 days.

Just a guess on my part, but I would think Acurite would precede the actual selling of the Atlas 7/8 with a good amount of hyperbolic fanfare.

Offline alanb

• Forecaster
« Reply #172 on: May 16, 2018, 01:32:49 PM »
Acurite has removed the "Coming Soon" notice for the Atlas from their web site. There no longer seems to be any mention of the Atlas series on their site. The old links for the Atlas specifications still work if you have them, but I am not able to find the links on their site. Even in their "Community Forum", discussion of the Atlas series has tapered off to almost nothing.

I am not sure what all of this means ... maybe nothing.

Offline nincehelser

• Forecaster
« Reply #173 on: May 16, 2018, 01:44:17 PM »
The second round of field testing should be finishing up if it hasn't already.

Offline dport

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #174 on: May 17, 2018, 03:44:51 PM »
I've officially given up on waiting for the atlas.  I legit wanted to give it a shot.  Bought a VP2 from scaled instruments today though.