Author Topic: Password reset & now no access  (Read 565 times)

Offline monymony

• Cecil County Maryland Weather
Password reset & now no access
« on: November 27, 2018, 07:21:03 AM »
I am setting up my new Meteobridge and reset the password from the default.  I used a random generated password that contained a symbol and was my default 20-characters for new password.  When I clicked save I got a warning about HTTP only allowing alphanumeric so I tried to reset a new password without the symbol (in this case a @).  What I discovered was the Meteobridge after the initial password save initiated a system reboot and now I cannot log back in.  I suspect one of the following happened:

• @ symbol got changed to something else
  • Length of the password was truncated

At this point not sure how to move forward.  This is a new install so wiping and starting over is the final option but really don't want to redo all the settings again.  If there are any suggestions/ideas please let me know.

Thanks!

Davis VP2 using WeatherCat v3.11
WU: KMDELKTO10 -  CWOP: EW3643 - CoCoRaHS: MD-CC-16

Offline docbee

• Forecaster
    • smartbedded
Re: Password reset & now no access
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2018, 05:42:02 PM »
Wiki explains at the end of the "getting started" section how to just revert network settings for DHCP LAN mode. That way you don't loose your other settings. https://www.meteobridge.com/wiki/index.php/Getting_Started
founder of smartbedded.com - home of meteohub, meteoplug, meteobridge, meteostick