Weather Station Hardware > AcuRite Weather Stations

Did Amazon Pull the Atlas?

(1/8) > >>

MacGarage:
I just noticed that it looks like Amazon pulled the Atlas from sale:

galfert:
I had just looked today and it had reached #29 on the best sellers list for weather stations. Now it is gone off that list too.

UPDATE: No wait it is there! It just dropped further down the list to #35

https://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/lawn-garden/397435011/

Side note: It is amazing to me how the LaCrosse V40-Pro is #8 or #9 consistently for the past couple months. Who is buying this thing? The LaCrosse sub forum here is dead quiet. This weather station does not even have barometric pressure calibration. The words: barometer, pressure, elevation, altitude are not even in the user manual. I guess it isn't being bought by enthusiasts, but rather by consumers that have basic needs.  Amazon's best sellers list shows us that not necessarily the best floats up to the top but rather cheaper products. Sometimes there are exceptions like when a product ranks very high in stars and positive reviews and some good things that are a bit more price wise sell well.

galfert:
Maybe Acurite has issued a recall on lighting sensors? Does anyone think we'll ever know the real reason?

CW2274:

--- Quote from: galfert on October 14, 2018, 09:12:28 PM ---I had just looked today and it had reached #29 on the best sellers list for weather stations. Now it is gone off that list too.
Side note: It is amazing to me how the LaCrosse V40-Pro is #8 or #9 consistently for the past couple months. Who is buying this thing?  Amazon's best sellers list shows us that not necessarily the best floats up to the top but rather cheaper products.

--- End quote ---
If you recollect, we discussed popularity earlier. Reply #1046
http://www.wxforum.net/index.php?topic=34658.msg356266#msg356266

galfert:

--- Quote from: CW2274 on October 14, 2018, 10:27:54 PM ---
--- Quote from: galfert on October 14, 2018, 09:12:28 PM ---I had just looked today and it had reached #29 on the best sellers list for weather stations. Now it is gone off that list too.
Side note: It is amazing to me how the LaCrosse V40-Pro is #8 or #9 consistently for the past couple months. Who is buying this thing?  Amazon's best sellers list shows us that not necessarily the best floats up to the top but rather cheaper products.

--- End quote ---
If you recollect, we discussed popularity earlier. Reply #1046
http://www.wxforum.net/index.php?topic=34658.msg356266#msg356266

--- End quote ---

I remember. What's your point? That  something that sells well isn't good? That something that is cheap will always float to the top sellers list? I'm saying the same thing. But I'm bringing attention to the fact that sometimes something worthy is at the top of the list if it has high marks and high satisfaction and might be higher priced than things further along the list. And I'm bringing attention to the fact that some things sell well and are not so great. I'm not asking any questions. Just pointing out interesting things.

I like looking at the Amazon best sellers list. It doesn't always tell me what to buy. It is but one factor in the buying equation and weighs differently based on other research. But sometimes it does.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version