Author Topic: [Weatherlink] Can't download data by web download  (Read 1554 times)

Offline sheldon

• Roma EUR Meteo
[Weatherlink] Can't download data by web download
« on: October 14, 2018, 06:16:15 PM »
Hi guys,

I'm a Weatherlink IP user and from when I have upgraded to Weatherlink 2.0 I can't download data by using TCP/IP web download method (see attached screenshot) anymore, while the "local devide ID" method works fine. In particular, when I try to start the download, I receive the message "no new data to download".
Now, the problem is that with web download I had more memory space and so I could make the download occasionally.
Did Davis deactivate this possibility with the 2.0 upgrade, or there is a way to make the web download?
PS the weatherlink software version I use is 6.0.3.
Thank you
« Last Edit: October 14, 2018, 06:17:51 PM by sheldon »
My weather Station in Rome:
http://www.romaeurmeteo.it/

Online johnd

• Forecaster
    • www.weatherstations.co.uk
Re: [Weatherlink] Can't download data by web download
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2018, 03:50:40 AM »
@Sheldon: Presumably you've tried the option of using the logger DID as the station name in the Web Download settings, as is always necessary on the 2.0 platform.

If you wanted to download Weatherlink v6.0.4 then it makes this step a little more obvious, but v604 is not necessary for the download to work.
Prodata Weather Systems
Prodata's FAQ/support site for Davis stations
Includes many details on 6313 Weatherlink console.
UK Davis Premier Dealer - All Davis stations, accessories and spares
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Offline Mattk

• Forecaster
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2018, 05:39:19 AM »
Change the old V1 username to the MAC address of the WLIP, use your V2 account password and all will work as before.

Offline sheldon

• Roma EUR Meteo
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2018, 11:25:08 AM »
@Sheldon: Presumably you've tried the option of using the logger DID as the station name in the Web Download settings, as is always necessary on the 2.0 platform.

If you wanted to download Weatherlink v6.0.4 then it makes this step a little more obvious, but v604 is not necessary for the download to work.

Change the old V1 username to the MAC address of the WLIP, use your V2 account password and all will work as before.

thank you very much! I changed the user name to the DID and worked great! =D> =D>
My weather Station in Rome:
http://www.romaeurmeteo.it/