Author Topic: Weekly, Monthly, Yearly rainfall incorrect  (Read 805 times)

Offline DaculaWeather

• WxElement panel
  • Forecaster
    • North Georgia Weather
Weekly, Monthly, Yearly rainfall incorrect
« on: October 09, 2018, 09:49:09 AM »
Using WD. Just recently, these values changed. I've had no rain this month, yet it's in the testtags file. It's not in the NOAAA reports etc. Where did it get these values and how do I fix it?

Offline yamiacaveman

• Forecaster
    • Penn Lake Weather
Re: Weekly, Monthly, Yearly rainfall incorrect
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2018, 06:48:30 PM »
Hi,

I am probably way off base here: a while back I had a problem with my "Weather trends" page; https://www.pennlake.us/wxtrends.php  Under the Records and Stats/ rain history, the one day I looked and they were all goofed up.

Finally got some help and it was in WD and I had to configure the trends image gif file -- It had to be created but it did not have to be uploaded, something must have changed when I did an updated with WD.

From that I did notice on your "Quick Links" section http://www.daculaweather.com/4_trends.php
Trends on
Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function split() in /home/daculawe/public_html/trends-inc.php:705 Stack trace: #0 /home/daculawe/public_html/trends-inc.php(98): adjustWDdate('10/31/2018') #1 /home/daculawe/public_html/4_trends.php(50): include('/home/daculawe/...') #2 {main} thrown in /home/daculawe/public_html/trends-inc.php on line 705

Not a clue what that means, and again what I mentioned above may be way off base --- but???

Offline DaculaWeather

• WxElement panel
  • Forecaster
    • North Georgia Weather
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2018, 07:49:06 PM »
The line of code uses "split" and Ken can correct me if I''m wrong, but I think that is no longer used. I haven't even looked that page in a while. I'm trying to reduce the number of pages I have.... way too much to keep working. :-)

Offline rrrick8

• Senior Contributor
    • Vermilion weather
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2018, 07:51:40 AM »
Using WD. Just recently, these values changed. I've had no rain this month, yet it's in the testtags file. It's not in the NOAAA reports etc. Where did it get these values and how do I fix it?

When I need to correct rainfall data, I generally use CONTROL PANEL > OFFSETS & INITIAL RAIN.
I go to the bottom and enter the adjustment into the ADJUST ALL RAINFALL TOTALS BY THIS AMOUNT ONLY then click the SET button. This will correct all of the totals.
Then I adjust the individual days in the NOAA style reports to coincide with the new, correct amounts.
Severe Weather Manager-Vermilion County EMA
CWOP-CW9931 KILDANVI5

Offline DaculaWeather

• WxElement panel
  • Forecaster
    • North Georgia Weather
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2018, 02:09:05 PM »
Thanks Rick. I haven't seen you around much! of course, I'm not around much either so that might explain it! :-)

Offline rrrick8

• Senior Contributor
    • Vermilion weather
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2018, 05:35:16 PM »
Thanks Rick. I haven't seen you around much! of course, I'm not around much either so that might explain it! :-)

I've been pretty busy on things for a while here and usually get on here once a day, sometimes more but that is usually the exception. Plus most things have been running good so ... no news is good news, right?  8-)
« Last Edit: November 01, 2018, 05:37:57 PM by rrrick8 »
Severe Weather Manager-Vermilion County EMA
CWOP-CW9931 KILDANVI5

Offline DaculaWeather

• WxElement panel
  • Forecaster
    • North Georgia Weather
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2018, 06:17:13 PM »
LOL! Shows you how often I get back here! I stay pretty busy myself with all my websites, FB pages, and a new site that will hopefully help to ween people off my FB page. I was locked out of all of my FB pages for two days a few weeks ago for some unknown reason. The error said that I was "going too fast". What the heck is "going too fast"? I decided then that I wasn't going to be at their mercy anymore. It's tough getting people to change, even though the new site will be a LOT better for them, and much more flexible for me. 

anything