Author Topic: Atlas Lightning sensor not reporting to access  (Read 1405 times)

Offline IsaacFox

Atlas Lightning sensor not reporting to access
« on: October 05, 2018, 09:45:56 PM »
Does the Lightning sensor inside the atlas have to detect lightning before it will show up on the MyAcurite page? my display knows that the sensor is installed but I currently cannot set a custom alert within Myacurite because I "dont have a compatible sensor" any help would be greatly appreciated

Offline nincehelser

• Forecaster
Re: Atlas Lightning sensor not reporting to access
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2018, 10:03:04 PM »
Does the Lightning sensor inside the atlas have to detect lightning before it will show up on the MyAcurite page? my display knows that the sensor is installed but I currently cannot set a custom alert within Myacurite because I "dont have a compatible sensor" any help would be greatly appreciated

Check your myAcurite dashboard to see if a lightning section shows up.

I set up a new Atlas and lightning detector this evening and it seemed to take longer than normal for everything to initialize, but eventually everything fell into place.

If it still doesn't show, check to make sure you have the lightning module fully inserted in the battery bay and that both clips have "clicked".

Offline IsaacFox

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2018, 10:31:47 PM »
Its been active for around 6 hours now, I just gave it some interference and the display is showing one strike at one mile away but myacurite still refuses to show any details about lightning. ive reset the access and the sensor and that hasnt changed anything. Im thinking now it may be an issue with my account and not my hardware. Ill send them an email and see if they can resolve it.

below is the error im getting when I try to set a lightning alert
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Offline SkellyCA

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2018, 11:35:29 PM »
I set my Atlas up 2 nights ago and it only took a few minutes to connect. This is my Acurite Dashboard on my PC...

If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up to much room.

Offline IsaacFox

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2018, 12:51:19 AM »
At this point ive tried everything I can, tried moving it between accounts. factory reset does nothing. Im thinking the Access may be the issue now. gonna try and RMA it and hopefully the new one works. but I still find it weird that it can collect everything but the lightning sensor.

Offline nincehelser

• Forecaster
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2018, 01:25:49 AM »
At this point ive tried everything I can, tried moving it between accounts. factory reset does nothing. Im thinking the Access may be the issue now. gonna try and RMA it and hopefully the new one works. but I still find it weird that it can collect everything but the lightning sensor.

I doubt it's the Access.  More likely some process regarding new device setup is hung up on the servers. 

Offline vreihen

• El Niņo chaser
  • Forecaster
  • K2BIG
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2018, 06:49:21 AM »
I doubt it's the Access.  More likely some process regarding new device setup is hung up on the servers.

...or they have one-upped their customer service/support model, to "fix" the false lightning detection alerts by pretending the lightning sensor does not exist until they can figure it out.....  :lol:
WU Gold Stars for everyone! :lol:

Offline IsaacFox

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2018, 10:52:51 AM »
Woke up this morning and checked the app, The lightning was reporting. went back into the app and tried to set an alert to tell me when lightning struck nearby. came up with the error claiming that I dont own a Atlas sensor and now the lightning section is gone. this is pretty odd behavior

Offline IsaacFox

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2018, 10:02:27 AM »
Just talked to support and they cant see the sensor on their end. I'm wondering does the detector have to be inserted after the batteries were installed? because I installed the sensor before installing the batteries and I'm wondering if that's the issue

Offline nincehelser

• Forecaster
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2018, 10:46:11 AM »
Just talked to support and they cant see the sensor on their end. I'm wondering does the detector have to be inserted after the batteries were installed? because I installed the sensor before installing the batteries and I'm wondering if that's the issue

That shouldn't matter.  That's how I've done it.

Offline IsaacFox

« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2018, 09:55:16 AM »
Got an email from support this morning confirming that it was a back end error. Lightning data now shows on the dashboard.