Weather Station Hardware > Ambient Weather and Ecowitt and other Fine Offset clones

WS-2902A display - WS-2000 display differences

(1/13) > >>

tony:
I'm considering purchasing the WS-2902 because I'm tired of my constantly failing Acurite 5/1. Can you purchase an additional display?

galfert:
Yes you can purchase as many additional displays as you want. But be sure to only configure one to do the uploading to the Internet.

Sir_MAK:
Just a note; Ambient is coming out shortly with a WS-2000 that uses the same station, but has an upgrade HD display.

BTW - I switch from a Acurite 5-1 to a WS-2902, very happy with the switch.  I have had the WS-2902 almost a year now with no issues.

tony:
Sir_MAK. I checked into the ws-2000 and almost pulled the trigger but the the display has no battery backup so if you lose electricity it won't communicate with the sensors. so I'm going with the 2902. Thanks.

Sir_MAK:
Yea, I noticed that also.  I am less concerned about getting data during a power failure than maintaining the setting and H/L values.  The Acurite HD display has no batteries, but will still retain settings and values for some time during outages.  It only losses the date/time.

I wanted an easer to read display and the ability to connect additional remotes to the unit.  I have ordered one yesterday when it became available and it will be in next week.  I already have the 2902 at my home and will be installing the 2000 at a different location.  I'll post back what I find out.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version