Weather Software > WeatherLink/weatherlink.com by Davis Instruments

Is there a way to get another's "Embeddable URL"?

(1/2) > >>

miraculon:
Previously with WL1, you could click on any station on the map and get the "blue sky w/clouds" old display screen. This could be added to a website, or bookmarked, etc.

Now with WL2, you only get a gray box with the data and a link to the bulletin (if you have Pro).

I cannot seem to find an equivalent way to access the "EmbeddablePage URL" for other stations (like mine: https://www.weatherlink.com/embeddablePage/show/36dd565fa0c34d82a26e2ce9c1b38abb/wide )

Is there a way to do this other than trying to get the station's owner to send you the link?

Greg H.

graculus:
You can find 'em with a simple google search so a more targeted search might find what you want  ;)

miraculon:
Thanks for the suggestion, but the one I am looking for doesn't show up. Good idea though.

I even tried weatherlink.com/embeddablePage/show/ "Vantage Vue via WeatherLinkIP" as a search term since that is what he is using. His did not show up in the single page of hits.

Greg H.

Otis:
Hey Greg, well if you know them I would go ahead and ask.  I have just started to use WL2 so just getting into it myself.

johnd:
It's worth remembering that in the API documentation it says 'Please DO NOT distribute or share your unique API token. '. I don't see any way they can stop you but Davis are obviously not keen on encouraging it.

I think the idea is that your data is private unless you choose to publish it eg on your own website or you explicitly share it with someone ( which isn't implemented yet, except for EM, but should be available soon AIUI).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version