Weather Software > WeatherLink/weatherlink.com by Davis Instruments

Weatherlink update data

(1/3) > >>

Guillaume_67370:
Hello,

Is it possible to adjust the time in second when the weather data will be updated.
Of course at this time often the update will be done at the minute + 5 seconds and the data i receive are the data from minute - 1.
So if it will be possible to update the data all minute + 15 seconds so 10 second later, it will be the weather data from the minute m.

For example : On 20:29:05, i receive the data (temp, wind, humidity...) from 20:28 and on 20:29:15 the data from 20:29

Did you also have this issue ? Can we do something on that ?

Thanks for your great help

johnd:
Sorry, I don't really understand what you're asking, but the answer is likely to be no - you can't control the timing.

But is this local Weatherlink for Windows you're asking about? Is it archive data maybe at a 1-minute interval or the real-time/loop data? More details would be helpful in understanding the question.

Old Tele man:
ISS can have a different internal "timing" than does the Console that's reading the ISS signals. There's no (current) way to synchronize them.

dalecoy:

--- Quote from: Old Tele man on April 03, 2018, 03:54:35 PM ---ISS can have a different internal "timing" than does the Console that's reading the ISS signals. There's no (current) way to synchronize them.

--- End quote ---

As far as I know, the ISS has no idea of what date/time it is.  The ISS just sends measurements to the console, where the logger picks up the data at the logging interval (including the time-stamp of the data).

If software gets the most recent saved data at 20:29:05 - but the most recent data came in at 20:28, then reporting it as if the data came in at 20:29 would be a lie.

Of course, it would be possible to write software that receives the output from the ISS directly (eliminating the console and logger), and then immediately displays the data on the computer monitor. 

[That could be called firmware and console display]

Guillaume_67370:

--- Quote from: dalecoy on April 03, 2018, 04:50:17 PM ---
--- Quote from: Old Tele man on April 03, 2018, 03:54:35 PM ---ISS can have a different internal "timing" than does the Console that's reading the ISS signals. There's no (current) way to synchronize them.

--- End quote ---

As far as I know, the ISS has no idea of what date/time it is.  The ISS just sends measurements to the console, where the logger picks up the data at the logging interval (including the time-stamp of the data).

If software gets the most recent saved data at 20:29:05 - but the most recent data came in at 20:28, then reporting it as if the data came in at 20:29 would be a lie.

Of course, it would be possible to write software that receives the output from the ISS directly (eliminating the console and logger), and then immediately displays the data on the computer monitor. 

[That could be called firmware and console display]

--- End quote ---

Thanks for your answer

What do you mean about : ISS can have a different internal "timing" than does the Console that's reading the ISS signals ??

So as i understood you have also this problem ? and there is no solution to solve them

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version