Author Topic: Wunderground station data and info gone  (Read 2285 times)

Offline weathergirl

• Forecaster
    • Beamsville Weather Station
Wunderground station data and info gone
« on: January 09, 2018, 11:58:10 AM »

Why is my data getting sent to CWOP and PWS successfully but not to Wunderground?  On the Wunderground site it states that my station has not been reporting but a manual send of my data gets there alright.

https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=IONTARIO88#history
Ann-Marie
Beamsville, Ontario, Canada

Offline jackman

• Senior Contributor
    • Echo Pines WX Station
Re: Wunderground station data and info gone
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2018, 12:11:01 PM »
It's not just you. WU is having problems. It's been ongoing for months and for the last couple of weeks it's been severe. I also use my CWOP data as reference to verify it's not my station at fault.

Offline casa manana

• Senior Contributor
    • Sedona, AZ
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2018, 12:17:30 PM »
same here.  WU's latest series of website debacles would be very funny to watch, except they're not.

Offline wicked

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2018, 12:35:04 PM »
Same here. Very sporadic at best.

Offline KennyBKK

• Khu Khot WX Station
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2018, 06:10:27 PM »
And this morning, My Weather Station shows that I don't have any Weather Station at all.
Ambient Weather WS-1900
WUnderground, PWS - IPATHUMT2
CWOP - EW4214
http://kanok.net/pws

Offline nincehelser

• Forecaster
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2018, 06:29:08 PM »
And this morning, My Weather Station shows that I don't have any Weather Station at all.

It's been doing that off-and-on quite frequently over the last day or so.  Give it a bit of time and try again.

Offline KennyBKK

• Khu Khot WX Station
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2018, 06:35:50 PM »

It's been doing that off-and-on quite frequently over the last day or so.  Give it a bit of time and try again.

That was different behavior.  In the past several days, meteobridge unsuccessfully upload to WU but my station page on WU still there but it says there was no report to WU.  Today it looks like I have no station at all.  However, meteobridge upload success.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Ambient Weather WS-1900
WUnderground, PWS - IPATHUMT2
CWOP - EW4214
http://kanok.net/pws

Offline DoctorKnow

• Forecaster
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2018, 06:56:26 PM »
KennyBK,
I've seen this as well. Wunder has a real mess to fix and looks like they are not sure what to do...

weathergirl,

I was surprised to see that area above freezing today, after how many days we had been below freezing. Pipes busted all over the place down in NC..

Offline Aardvark

• Forecaster
  • Tonto to Lone Ranger : "never take off mask.
    • turned off
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2018, 11:16:00 PM »
I  received this from Davis Instruments this evening:

Thanks you for your email to Support. Customers with accounts who send data to Weather Underground Personal Weather Station (PWS) from your weatherlink.com account may notice data is missing or not being sent to Weather Underground in a timely fashion. WeatherLink Software users who have installed Weather Underground’s plugin are also affected. We’ve been in contact with technical staff at The Weather Channel, who operates Weather Underground, and they’ve informed us their RapidFire servers are experiencing a temporary performance problem that should be resolved in the next couple days. When services are available again, we’ll make an attempt to back-fill missing data, but some data points may be lost. Operations staff at Davis Instruments are doing everything possible to make sure the most complete set of data is sent to Weather Underground as soon as possible.

We’ve made available a status page operated by Pingdom, a third party external monitoring service, that measures availability for Weather Underground’s RapidFire service.

http://stats.pingdom.com/zw9vxjhrr9ze/1850219

anything