Weather Station Hardware > What Weather Station Should I Buy?

Salt tolerance? Weather station at the beach...

(1/2) > >>

lizmnl:
First post, newb here. We are about 100' from the ocean in Delaware. Lots of nor' easters, and a blizzard right now.I really, really want a weather station, mostly to check on the wind. I can put it on the rooftop deck, ~38', where it will basically be unobstructed. But I am concerned about salt tolerance. Budget is less than $400. I'd love a Davis Vue, and I read that they are pretty solidly built, but when you add on the internet connectivity accessories it starts getting pretty expensive. The Accurite 5 in 1 looks great too, but I don't know how it would hold up in my environment. Anyone have any beach experience?

CW2274:
If you really want something that'll last, you're gonna have to open up the wallet, you get what you pay for. http://www.youngusa.com/products/11/8.html

lizmnl:
sigh. That's just not going to happen. Working two jobs as it is.  :-(

SlowModem:
The classic conundrum.  Seaside with salt water environment is going to take heavy duty  stuff.  That one they make in Maine (I can't remember the name) would be the one I would use.  It would be worth saving up for.  A cheap station won't last long and add to your frustration.

Central Maine Weather:
Rainwise is the brand of stations made right here in Maine. From what I’ve seen and heard, they’re great stations, but are definitely expensive.

If it were me I would go with the Davis Vue from one of these three websites...
 Scientific Sales
 Scaled Instruments
 Provantage

You’ll find great prices on the Vue at these locations, as well as good pricing on whichever data logger you decide to go with.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version