Weather Station Hardware > What Weather Station Should I Buy?

New Weather Station and Mounting Recommendateions

(1/2) > >>

Bill28304:
Currently I have an Ambient Weather WS-2801I but I'm looking to buy a weather station with more capabilities .  I'm most concerned about how it's going to be mounted.  I am surrounded by tall pines, and my mounting solution that I can see is a chimney mount.  There I'll have limited sun exposure in the morning, and pretty good exposure in the early to mid afternoon.  My main concern is my accessibility to the station/sensors as I cannot get on the roof.  I'll need to pay for installation but I'm not sure I want to hire someone every time I need to change a battery, etc, unless it's very infrequent.  Does anyone have a good solution for me, a station that requires little maintenance, and a mounting solution, perhaps something telescopic ?   Also, I'd really like a station that that lets me capture data, such as temperature, dew point, wind speed, etc, at least hourly or in shorter intervals if possible.  Thanks for taking the time to help me!
Bill

benay ra'am:
What is your budget?

Bill28304:
Thank you for the reply.   I'd like to keep it to about $450 or so, but I'm somewhat flexible.   If another $100 - $200 would give me a better solution I'd surely consider that.   

dupreezd:

--- Quote ---I am surrounded by tall pines
--- End quote ---
and

--- Quote ---a station that requires little maintenance
--- End quote ---
will not go together as you will have to continuously check your rain bucket for pine needles.
In my opinion it will be best to have a split system, not an All-in-one. Place the wind sensors on the chimney (less maintenance) and the rest lower down where you can inspect it easier.

Bill28304:
Thank you for that suggestion.  The split system makes a lot of sense. I'll also add that it's not the maintenance I mind, it's getting into high places such as my roof.   I'm aware of the Davis models that are split, but are there others I might consider? 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version