Author Topic: Sharx HD Cameras  (Read 6151 times)

Offline shimon

Re: Sharx HD Cameras
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2017, 06:50:39 PM »
Good info, I don't need the extra bandwidth either nor the alarms. I can only stream at 720, 35 fps or so requires 4Mbps upload speed and i only have 7 on a good day.

You can have settings for three different streams (Pri/Sec/Mobile) and use lower quality settings as necessary.  What I like about the Sharx is the software...very customizable with lots of options.  I also have a Foscam FI9804P which has crappy software.  The software (or firmware) makes a big difference.  Best camera in the world is useless with crappy software.

Offline ValentineWeather

• Forecaster
    • Valentine Nebraska's Real-Time Weather
« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2017, 09:11:06 PM »
Couldn't find the Sharx 3905 so ordered the TriVision NC-336PW. Same camera different software. These cameras are P67 rated so fully waterproof. Look foreword to having a mic so if I get it on Youtube with Iptimelapse I'll post link on forum.
Randy

Offline cospringswx

• Forecaster
    • Colorado Springs Weather
« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2017, 10:35:54 PM »
I tried a Sharx cam and didn't care for it at all.

Ryan 

Colorado Springs, CO
www.cospringsweather.com
Davis Vantage Vue
Weather Display Software
Amcrest HD IP Camera

Offline ValentineWeather

• Forecaster
    • Valentine Nebraska's Real-Time Weather
« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2017, 09:40:34 AM »
Well changed my mind, I'm going to stick with the Hikvisions. Having 7 currently I'm very versed how they operate and perform. I wanted a camera with mic needed for streaming directly to YouTube account. After doing some research found these dome cameras with build in mic DS-2CD2542FWD-IS 4mm. I wanted the 4 mm lens better for weather image vs the fish-eye look with 2.8. Also opted for the wall mount for easier installation.

Randy

Offline zackdog

• Forecaster
    • Winter Park Highlands Web cams
« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2017, 11:01:37 AM »
Hey Joe, did you upgrade to AVG Internet Security recently?  I did and as soon as it was installed, I was no longer able to see my webcams on my website.  I still have not gotten it solved.  Just an idea as to why no one but you can see your cams.

Mark
"You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows." - Dylan

Vantage Pro2 Plus w/ 24 hr FARS and (2) VantageVues

VP2 uploading via Vue console to CWOP, WU, PWS, and Weathercloud.

Offline Jumpin Joe

• Forecaster
    • Joe’s Weather
« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2017, 03:12:54 PM »
Mark,
No, i did not. Sorry for the slow reply, been out of town.

I do have my new Sharx HTNC4404M on there. It's "Facing SW", The Birdcam is a 3905 and East is a Hikevision. My other Ultra HD Sharx is being used for security along with another 3905. I am using Netcam Studio for all of them now that Netcam has the "ONIVF" on there newest release. Really works great and I really like my Sharx cameras.

Joe
« Last Edit: May 12, 2017, 03:16:05 PM by Jumpin Joe »
https://joesweather.info
Davis Vantage Pro 2 Plus 24-FARS Wireless
WeatherLink Live

Offline cospringswx

• Forecaster
    • Colorado Springs Weather
« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2017, 10:30:59 PM »
Well changed my mind, I'm going to stick with the Hikvisions. Having 7 currently I'm very versed how they operate and perform. I wanted a camera with mic needed for streaming directly to YouTube account. After doing some research found these dome cameras with build in mic DS-2CD2542FWD-IS 4mm. I wanted the 4 mm lens better for weather image vs the fish-eye look with 2.8. Also opted for the wall mount for easier installation.

Nice Randy.

Ryan 

Colorado Springs, CO
www.cospringsweather.com
Davis Vantage Vue
Weather Display Software
Amcrest HD IP Camera

anything