Weather Software > WeeWX Software

Wunderground Rapid Fire

(1/7) > >>

wxwatching:
I have setup Weewx on RPi2 running Raspbian Jessie. I have an Acurite 5-in-1 with the model 01036 console display. Wunderground is configured but since switching over to Weewx from VIS Reader, the data reported to Wunderground is inconsistent. I have rapid fire option set to true. Any thoughts on how to get a consistent reporting of the data? You can take a look at the weather station here:

https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=KNCDUNN5#history/tdata/s20170112/e20170112/mdaily

Regards,
AB

vreihen:
For what it's worth, I just set up a very similar set up except I'm using an SDR instead of the Acu-Rite console for input.  When I enabled WU rapid fire in weewx, it seemed like WU was only receiving half the record every time it sent an update.  WU also seemed like it was having a nervous breakdown, as if it was receiving three different stations' updates at the same time.  (With WU's other recent problems, who knows if this was weewx or just another WU glitch?)

Anyway, I have not dug into it any deeper at the moment, but turning off rapid fire at least got it to upload complete records.  I recall reading something in the manual about certain weather stations not being supported in rapid fire mode, and it would probably be worth checking to see if the Acu-Rite USB consoles are among them.....

wxwatching:
I have since heard there is a solution to the problem and will be available in a future release of Weewx. You mentioned you don't use the console but SDR. Do you have any detailed info on that setup and have you found it better than using Acurite's console.

Regards,
AB

vreihen:
I am currently feeding WU using a USB-connected 1035 console connected to MeteoBridge.  The barometer module in the console is fried, and I don't want to spend another dime on the current generation of Acu-Rite hardware.  (I also have a smartHUB, but it stopped working last fall and I haven't been motivated to try and bring it back from the dead yet again.)

Ironically, setting up the Pi and using an SDR means that I don't have a barometer again!  I purchased a BMP-280 i2c module, and hooked it up inside the Pi.  The Acu-Rite SDR interface that I'm using is not 100% reliable, and more or less weewx needs to be re-started every few days.  One of the issues I believe is that the rain counter goes back to zero, and the driver seems have issues handling that situation.

As long as your console is working fine via USB, I would suggest just sticking with that instead of tinkering with the SDR stuff until it matures a bit more.....

vreihen:
Here's a little more info, from the Acu-Rite section here:

http://www.wxforum.net/index.php?topic=31068.0

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version