Author Topic: Hilarious support  (Read 1110 times)

Offline Jáchym

• Meteotemplate Developer
  • Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
Hilarious support
« on: January 09, 2017, 01:54:51 PM »
Hi guys,
I recently tried using my Bluetooth headphones with a mic for Skype. I wanted to be able to move around and talk wirelessly, especially given how much time I now spend on Skype regarding Meteotemplate support. Unfortunately the headphones correctly pair with the PC, I hear all sounds in it, it all works, but as soon as I open Skype and try calling someone, I only hear their voice from the PC speakers and also the mic is using the PC microphone.

So I decided to contact Skype and I know we once talked about this in the past. While I was on the chat, I just couldn´t stop laughing at the answers I was getting, at first I wasnt even sure if Im talking to a human being or a bot... see for yourself :D :D :D

Mikon D.
Hi, thanks for visiting Skype! I'm Mikon D..

7:31 pm
Mikon D.
How may I help you today?

Me
Hi Mikon

Mikon D.
In case we get disconnected, simply refer on the Chat Support Link and you will be reconnected to us in no time.

Mikon D.
hello :0

Me
I have a problem. I recently bought a bluetooth headset which i wanted to use with Skype on my PC. However, when I connect the device, the PC successfully pairs with the bluetooth headset, then i hear all the system sounds and even sounds like video etc. in the headset, however when I start a call in skype, all sound is only from the PC speakers, the headset is not working at all. This obviously is an issue with Skype. Im using the latest version of the Skype program, can you tell me what Im doing wrong?

7:32 pm
Mikon D.
I'm very sorry to hear that,

7:33 pm
Mikon D.
Is this your first time to contact us regarding your concern/issue?

Me
yes

Mikon D.
here is the reference number for our chat: *****

Me
when I open Chrome on my for example, all sound goes to the headset, but with skype the headphones are totally quiet and the microphone and speakers used are the ones from the PC

7:34 pm
Mikon D.
hmmm I see thank you for that information

Mikon D.
may I know what is your operating system?

Me
Linux

Mikon D.
may I have your skype name please

7:35 pm
Mikon D.
okay

Me
jachym.czech

Mikon D.
are you getting any error message?

Me
no, this is what happens:

Me
I turn on the headphones and turn on the bluetooth on my PC

Me
i see the device on my PC and pair with it

Me
I then hear all sounds and music from the headphones wirelessly over Bluetooth

Me
internet, videos, system sounds

Mikon D.
thank you for the clarification,

7:36 pm
Mikon D.
have you tried to uninstall and reinstall the Skype application?

Me
but when I open skype, any call  sounds come from the PC speakers, not the headphones which are still connected and the microphone and my voice is also using the PC microphone

Mikon D.
yes

Me
no, but I just updated Skype 2 days ago

Mikon D.
please try to uninstall now and then reinstall again

Me
in the settings there is nothing about configuring this

7:37 pm
Mikon D.
oh ok

7:37 pm
Mikon D.
you can also clear the cache from the device that is having the issue

7:38 pm
Mikon D.
to get there, go to settings> then manage apps, locate Skype then delete Cache

Mikon D.
oh thank you for that information

Me
ok I will try when Im at home, if it does not help, how can I contact you again or continue this conversation

Mikon D.
the headset should also support Skype since it is working on other application on the device

7:39 pm
Mikon D.
we will monitor this issue as well if this will be a known issue within 24 hours so that our system engineers will be able to release a fix for the application

7:40 pm
Me
I know, but when I use skype all sound and microphone used is the speakers and mic from the PC and as soon as I close the app, it goes to the headset again, which is still connected

Mikon D.
I personally apologize for the inconvenience

Mikon D.
oh by the way

7:41 pm
Mikon D.
after the steps I provided is completed you can reboot the device

Mikon D.
okay?

Mikon D.
Have I provided you enough information about your case/concern?

7:42 pm
Mikon D.
If there's nothing else then I wish you all the best and feel free to reach out to us if you need help!
Thank you for contacting Skype Live support and giving us the opportunity to assist you. Again this is Mikon D. Have a great day ahead!

7:43 pm
Mikon D.
bye

Yeah,... I guess this really helped :D

Offline Bushman

• Forecaster
    • Eagle Bay Weather
Re: Hilarious support
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2017, 05:06:49 PM »
A Turing Test...  :)
Need low cost IP monitoring?  http://wirelesstag.net/wta.aspx?link=NisJxz6FhUa4V67/cwCRWA or PM me for 50% off Wirelesstags!!

Offline mcrossley

• Forecaster
    • Wilmslow Astro
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2017, 05:23:49 PM »
Nice he asked which OS you were running ;) In Windows you can set different default devices for OS sounds and "Communications headphones", out of the box they are all set the PC speakers/mic and you have to change the Communications devices to your headset (USB or Bluetooth). I'm guessing there are similar settings in Linux?
Mark

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2017, 05:31:08 PM »
The problem is Im using Lubuntu, a very light-weight version of Linux and the only OS my laptop is capable of running and I suspect some driver is missing, but it is problematic because there is obviously very little info on the web due to the number of users using Lubuntu and installing stuff via command line is not my cup of coffee either...

Offline Josiah

• Add-InWx Software Author
  • Forecaster
    • Add-InWx
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2017, 11:24:25 AM »
It sounds like you need to change the default audio device inside the Skype settings.
Here's something else that may help: https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA10964/how-do-i-adjust-the-sound-settings-on-my-computer-and-in-skype-for-linux

Offline Jáchym

• Forecaster
    • Meteotemplate
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2017, 11:33:04 AM »
The problem is that I think it is because of my OS. I use Lubuntu, which is a stripped-down version of Linux, and lot of drivers dont work

anything