Author Topic: following two WS-2811 sataions on one computer  (Read 2009 times)

Offline Ricky S.

following two WS-2811 sataions on one computer
« on: January 23, 2015, 09:48:17 PM »
I have two LaCrosse WS-2811 stations which are far apart. I will only be connecting to one station at a time. I would like to save and graph the data on both on one computer. I have only connected my laptop to one so far. Is there a way to separate the files? I have tried to contact LaCross by phone and email, but they are unresponsive.
Thanks

Offline DanS

• Chiang Mai weather
  • Forecaster
    • ThaiWx
Re: following two WS-2811 sataions on one computer
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2015, 11:57:49 PM »
Load HW Pro 2800 program twice in 2 different directory locations and name their desktop icons individually. Set each of their history data file locations in separate directories also. Should work as I and others on here have done the same using the WuHu program (X2).

Offline mwall

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2015, 03:49:35 PM »
I have two LaCrosse WS-2811 stations which are far apart. I will only be connecting to one station at a time. I would like to save and graph the data on both on one computer. I have only connected my laptop to one so far. Is there a way to separate the files? I have tried to contact LaCross by phone and email, but they are unresponsive.
Thanks

if you want to collect data from both stations at the same time, try weewx.

install weewx once.  create a weewx.conf file for each station, for example weewx-a.conf and weewx-b.conf.  in each conf, be sure to specify parameters unique to each station.  for example, the serial number of each dongle (in the [WS28xx] section), a database for each station (in the [Databases] section), and a location for graphs and web pages (in the [StdReport] section).

then run two instances of weewx from the single installation:

weewxd weewx-a.conf
weewxd weewx-b.conf

m

Offline Ricky S.

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2015, 09:03:57 PM »
mwall,
Thanks. I will look into wewx. One of the locations has no cell or internet reception.
DanS,
Thanks. That should work. I will try it next time I go to the other station (250 miles away).

Offline Joelm

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2015, 05:25:14 AM »
Thanks

Why not just create WeatherUnderground personal stations for each installation?  Wunderground has decent graphing and query capability, they don't purge past years either so you have long term access .. on the web.  I've done this and plan 3 more Lacrosse installations along this line.

anything