Author Topic: newbie with a new AcuRite 01035  (Read 2555 times)

Offline oldmancrash

newbie with a new AcuRite 01035
« on: March 27, 2013, 04:57:18 PM »
Good afternoon all, I just picked up the AcuRite Pro Digital Weather Station with Weather Ticker and PC Connect #01035 this last weekend at cabelas. Last night I tried to get it to sync to my windows 7 laptop but didn't have much luck. The LCD had signal from the 5 in 1 unit but wouldn't pass the information to the laptop. I tried changing USB ports and reinstalling the software but it looks like a windows 7 glitch I am having. Today I cleaned up an old HP laptop with XP pro on it and all the updates. I hope that might work better. Located east of Missoula Montana.

Offline SlowModem

• Weather at the speed of dialup!
  • Forecaster
  • WX @ 26.4 kbs
    • Watts Bar Weather
Re: newbie with a new AcuRite 01035
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2013, 06:50:18 PM »
I can't help you with your station, but welcome and enjoy your stay!  :)
Greg Whitehead
Ten Mile, TN USA

Offline oldmancrash

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2013, 09:14:26 PM »
Thank you SlowModem! I appreciate the welcome. I got the station connected to my laptop now. But of course now when I update from my laptop it does no update my backyard weather page. So I won but now I am losing again LOL Again THank you

Offline DanS

• Chiang Mai weather
  • Forecaster
    • ThaiWx
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2013, 09:42:45 PM »
Progress in the right direction anyway! Welcome to the forum from the other side of the globe!

Offline Weather Display

• Forecaster
    • West Coast Road Weather Data
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2013, 09:43:29 PM »
one thing
make sure the time and date on the station matches the PC
re getting data into the software
Brian
info@weather-display.com
http://www.weather-display.com

Offline oldmancrash

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2013, 06:11:52 PM »
Thank you DanS and Weather Display, I will make sure the times match. Thank you for the information!

Offline vreihen

• El Niņo chaser
  • Forecaster
  • K2BIG
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2013, 07:31:00 PM »
One thing that I have noticed with my own 1035 is that it doesn't update MBW for a few minutes after the software starts.  Also, whenever weather is coming here into the northeast, it seems like MBW stops accepting input from my 1035 for a long enough time to trip the MBW 20-minute e-mail alert for not receiving data from the console.  I have an Internet bridge reporting the same 5-in-1 sensor's data, and it never stops updating.

You may want to look at the third-party Weather Display software package.  It isn't cheap, but it has the ability to upload to many other weather sites as well as maintain your own web page and local data archive.  They have a 30-day free trial, so you can take it for a test drive and see if you find it useful.....
WU Gold Stars for everyone! :lol:

anything