Author Topic: Bad weather makes good hits...  (Read 2912 times)

Offline SLOweather

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
    • Weatherelement Moline IL
Bad weather makes good hits...
« on: January 04, 2008, 10:07:10 PM »
... or a rising creek raises all web sites.

I surveyed the California and Nevada stations that are active on USA Weather Finder, and, across the board, this West Coast storm has raised every station's hits today well above their averages.

SLOweather's have skyrocketed. My USA average is 471 hits per day. Today we have 1262.

At 7PM PST, my StatCounter stats are 6330 page loads, 2240 unique visitors. Those are new records. 3 days ago, we had 1830 page loads, and 520 unique visitors.

Ain't nuttin' like bad weather to increase a weather site's activity.

And, the local PG&E meteorologist just mentioned SLOweather during his call-in on the local AM talk show again. I need to get that guy on my payroll. ;)

Offline ocala

• Forecaster
  • The blues had a baby and named it rock n roll
Re: Bad weather makes good hits...
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2008, 09:18:35 AM »
Way to go Chris! That looks like one helluva storm.

Offline SLOweather

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
    • Weatherelement Moline IL
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2008, 11:53:21 AM »
SLOweather's First Corollary to Bad Weather Makes Good Hits...

HOT weather makes good hits. too.

Yesterday we smashed the high temperature for the date record (108/1929), and then broke the all-time high temp record (112/14 Sept 1971) with a sizzling 114 F! That was good enough to get SLOweather.com mentioned on the front page of the local paper.

I think SLOweather also broke its daily page load record, too... And this morning, at 8:45 AM PDT, the page loads for today are already higher than for ALL of last Tuesday.

Offline Mark / Ohio

• Live from Mars!
  • Forecaster
    • Fairfield County Weather
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2008, 08:15:51 PM »
Sheez!  I only had 16,000 page loads all last year and just under 10,000 so far this year.   :oops:

My weather radio brings in several almost every day.  Most of the others that are outside of the local area are looking at my non weather related photos.  I average about 6 returning people including myself that check in locally nearly everyday.

Even with my smaller numbers it's still neat to see others making use of it.  I think I'm getting some coffee break & lunchtime surfers looking at the photos to take their mind off work for awhile.  The company names I see generally have nothing to do with the photos they are looking at.   :lol: 
« Last Edit: June 21, 2008, 08:18:13 PM by Mark / Ohio »
Mark 
2002 Davis VP I Wireless, WeatherLink (Serial), GRLevel3, VirtualVP, StartWatch, Weather Display, Windows 10