Author Topic: new acu-rite 1035 ?'s  (Read 2065 times)

Offline metzeric

• Contributor
    • www.niagaracountyweatherwire.com
new acu-rite 1035 ?'s
« on: July 12, 2012, 07:06:37 PM »
hi i just purchased my first weather station (the 1035)   and i  have a few questions  as far as uploading  the info to weatherunderground via usb from my laptop.

1)  do i need additional weather software to do this?  and if so which software which is the best?

2)  do i need the internet bridge or will it work by using it hooked up with the usb cable ?

thanks in advance

Offline vreihen

• El Niņo chaser
  • Forecaster
  • K2BIG
Re: new acu-rite 1035 ?'s
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2012, 08:49:12 PM »
If you want to keep a Windows PC running 24/7, the free AcuRite My Backyard Weather (MBW) software and web site can be configured to send your station's USB port data to Weather Underground from the MBW web site.  If you don't want to run your PC 24/7, the bridge (which has been unavailable for months) will upload to MBW without a PC, which you can then use to feed WU.  As it sits today, I don't believe that the bridge offers any third-party software support.

The only third-party software support for the USB port is via Weather Display, http://www.weather-display.com/.  Both it and the AcuRite MBW software use the same external Windows-based USB downloader program to yank data from the 1035 console from what I've read, but I have not personally tried WD with my own 1035 yet.  Everything is Windows only right now.

I cannot comment on how well the feed from MBW to WU works, since I am doing the public a service by *not* publishing my data to WU.  My outdoor sensor is mounted near several obstructions, and there's enough ASOS sites within 5 miles of my house where the data isn't really needed.....
WU Gold Stars for everyone! :lol:

Offline Rhino

• Senior Contributor
Re: new acu-rite 1035 ?'s
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2012, 10:56:11 AM »

1. Acu-Link PC Connect 3.9 software can be downloaded from our website for free.

(link to download the file directly):
http://www.acurite.com/manuals/setupacu-link.exe

2. The 01035 product will connect to your PC with the included USB cable.

Thanks,
Ryan