Author Topic: Multiple AcuRite wireless thermometers  (Read 6207 times)

Offline miraculon

• Sunrise Side Weather
  • Forecaster
  • KE8DAF
    • Sunrise Side Weather in Rogers City MI USA
Multiple AcuRite wireless thermometers
« on: November 23, 2011, 07:28:53 AM »
Rhino, or anyone else:

Are the remote and indoor display for the thermometers (specifically a 00380W) "paired" in some way so you can have multiple thermometers that won't interfere with each other? In other words, if I get a second one for another area of my yard or house, will the original one still read the correct temperature from the original sender and the new one will work OK with its own sender?

Greg

Blitzortung Stations #706 and #1682
CoCoRaHS: MI-PI-1
CWOP: CW4114 and KE8DAF-13
WU: KMIROGER7
Amateur Radio Callsign: KE8DAF

Offline Rhino

• Senior Contributor
Re: Multiple AcuRite wireless thermometers
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2011, 11:59:13 AM »
You could have up to 3 separate sets of transmitter/receiver displays of any one 330ft RF product- as long as it has the 330ft RF, there is an "ABC" switch that will allow you to pair A to A, B to B, and C to C.

The 00380W at walmart will not allow you to do this. However, the 00754W3 will allow you to, as it has the 330ft RF chip and the "ABC" switch. It is a bit more expensive, but is also a nice little unit.

I hope that this helps you, let me know if you have any other ?'s

Offline miraculon

• Sunrise Side Weather
  • Forecaster
  • KE8DAF
    • Sunrise Side Weather in Rogers City MI USA
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2011, 07:52:12 PM »
Rhino,

Thanks for the answer. The 00754W3 looks interesting and it really isn't much more expensive than the 00380W. I like the trend indicator.

Will all three A, B and C settings be free of conflict with the 00380W? Or, will I need to try one of the settings to avoid picking up the wrong signal?

From your description, it sounds like it is a different chip-set between the two models.

Greg

Blitzortung Stations #706 and #1682
CoCoRaHS: MI-PI-1
CWOP: CW4114 and KE8DAF-13
WU: KMIROGER7
Amateur Radio Callsign: KE8DAF

Offline Rhino

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2011, 12:53:31 PM »
The 00754W3 and the 00380W use different RF chips, so they will not interfere with each other. I have seen under just the right circumstances the display units interfering with each others reception (the LCD is rather "noisy" to RF sometimes) when placed too close together, so that would be the only thing to keep an eye on.

You should be OK with the setup you are describing.