Author Topic: Sensors for WMR968 ?  (Read 1692 times)

Greg_M

Sensors for WMR968 ?
« on: February 14, 2014, 11:49:37 AM »
Since Oregon Scientific has quit making sensors (for the most part) that will work with the WMR968 are there any other brands of sensors that will work with the 968?

Currently I need a rain gauge, but I am getting tired of buying temperature sensors too.
The 968 has worked fine for me and has everything I want, it's just that the sensors keep going out.

Offline SlowModem

• Weather at the speed of dialup!
  • Forecaster
  • WX @ 26.4 kbs
    • Watts Bar Weather
Re: Sensors for WMR968 ?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2014, 02:33:37 PM »
Since Oregon Scientific has quit making sensors (for the most part) that will work with the WMR968 are there any other brands of sensors that will work with the 968?

Currently I need a rain gauge, but I am getting tired of buying temperature sensors too.
The 968 has worked fine for me and has everything I want, it's just that the sensors keep going out.

I've had LaCrosse, OS WMR968 and Davis.  Save up some money and buy a Davis.  You won't be disappointed.  In my opinion, their quality and customer service is second-to-none.  If you were happy with the 968, then the Vue will make you happy (unless you care what the wind is doing many feet in the air).
Greg Whitehead
Ten Mile, TN USA