Weather Station Hardware > Weather Radios

Midland WR-300 high pitched squeal on all weather channels

<< < (3/3)

Sigdigit:
This is clearly a case of substandard component use resulting in premature failure.  Can't believe a company like Midland hasn't changed component vendors or specifications to safeguard their reputation.  The reviews at Amazon are chock full of identical failures.  For it's 45 dollar price, it is a good unit otherwise.  But if has such crappy longevity, it's not worth it.  Particularly if your life depends on it working.  Hey Midland, send me to China with an EE, I'll get this taken care of!  How's that Sangean work?  Heard it costs more, but features are a little better.

moehoward4:
Of the 5 radios I have had, (Midland and OS) only 1 has stood up over time. The first OS radio I bought at a local 'closeout' place is the go-to when all the more expensive, better units crap out. My Midland WR100 only lasted 13 months, it only works now for 'warning' broadcasts. The OS ones, I had fights with the CS people until I told them I was going to report them to the FCC and CPSC. That changed their tone real quick. But, the OS unit they sent to replace a bad one AIN'T much better at all, intermittent at best. GOOD thing I don't live in a real dangerous location.

WXman:
I wonder if my 18 month old Midland that totally quit working altogether is eligible for "good faith" replacement?

I've already moved on to Acu-Rite..  but hey if they'll stand behind their junk and send me a new radio I'll take it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version