Author Topic: gwwilk HAniS Scripting Error  (Read 1431 times)

Offline gwwilk

• Southeast Lincoln Weather
  • Forecaster
    • SouthEast Lincoln, NE Weather
gwwilk HAniS Scripting Error
« on: January 16, 2018, 08:15:37 AM »
With Tom Whittaker's generous help (he's the author of HAniS) the problem with some of my HAniS scripts hanging and crashing browsers has been solved.  It turns out that at some point last year he changed a HAniS parameter, 'skip_missing' from 'skip_missing = t \n\' to 'skip_missing = 0 \n\' in order to accommodate the need to skip layers other than the base layer.

The modification of 'wxGOES16-HAniSLoops-iframe.php' required only that simple change in order to allow it to work properly.

I've modified all of my other HAniS iframe scripts that contain 'skip_missing', and they all now work again:
wxusradar-hanis-iframe3.php from wxusradars-hanis3.php from US and Territories NOAA Ridge Radar Animations,
wxgr3hanis-iframe.php from wxgr3hanis.php from GRLevel3 HAniS Animation,
wxssec-basin.php from wxssec-basin.php from SSEC Global Basin Loops, and
wxna6hsaloops.php from wxna6hsaloops.php from WPC Surface Analysis Past Six Hour Loop.

My apologies for not keeping fully abreast of the nuances of HAniS scripting. :oops:

Edit 2018 Jan 18:  I found a couple more HAniS Animations on my site that needed updating.
wxpqpf-h5loops-iframe.php from wxpqpf-h5loops.php from WPC 6-Hour Probabilistic Precipitation Guidance for Days 1-3 and
wxpqfpfp-loops-iframe.php from wxpqfpfp-h5loops.php from WPC Snow and Freezing Rain Probability Forecasts

« Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 09:59:59 AM by gwwilk »
Regards, Jerry Wilkins
gwwilk@gmail.com

Offline Otis

• (aka Paul)
  • Forecaster
    • Lake Huron Weather
Re: gwwilk HAniS Scripting Error
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2018, 10:55:49 AM »
Thanks for the update Jerry, and no worries.  I (we I'm sure) appreciate your efforts in all your scripts.

CW3699

Offline jgillett

• Forecaster
  • Boltek, Win7 Pro, ToA
    • TiggrWeather Phoenix
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2018, 09:45:40 AM »
Thanks for the update Jerry, and no worries.  I (we I'm sure) appreciate your efforts in all your scripts.
Absotively :!:
John
W7JKG

Offline W3DRM

• Forecaster
    • Emmett Weather
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2018, 12:48:50 PM »
Jerry - great job!  =D>

However, after reading over the past few threads about the updates to the Hanis scripts, I am wondering if there are new forum members (and old ones too) who want to download the latest scripts but aren't sure of where to get the complete set. Several posts mention scraping them from your webpages but I think what needs to be done is to put together a ZIP file with the entire distribution in one package. That will make it easier for anyone who wants to install the scripts and eliminates the need to hunt around to find the latest versions. Just my 2-cents on this matter...

EDIT: Then, have Ken update the Where are the Scripts? (https://www.wxforum.net/index.php?topic=973.msg6601#msg6601) thread to show the link to find them.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2018, 12:52:09 PM by W3DRM »
Don - W3DRM - Emmett, Idaho --- Blitzortung ID: 808 --- FlightRadar24 ID: F-KBOI7
Davis Wireless VP2, WD 10.37s150,
StartWatch, VirtualVP, VPLive, Win10 Pro
--- Logitech HD Pro C920 webcam (off-line)
--- RIPE Atlas Probe - 32849

Offline ValentineWeather

• Forecaster
    • Valentine Nebraska's Real-Time Weather
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2018, 01:11:57 PM »
Loads faster... Thanks Jerry.
Randy

Offline gwwilk

• Forecaster
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2018, 02:38:08 PM »
Jerry - great job!  =D>

However, after reading over the past few threads about the updates to the Hanis scripts, I am wondering if there are new forum members (and old ones too) who want to download the latest scripts but aren't sure of where to get the complete set. Several posts mention scraping them from your webpages but I think what needs to be done is to put together a ZIP file with the entire distribution in one package. That will make it easier for anyone who wants to install the scripts and eliminates the need to hunt around to find the latest versions. Just my 2-cents on this matter...

EDIT: Then, have Ken update the Where are the Scripts? (https://www.wxforum.net/index.php?topic=973.msg6601#msg6601) thread to show the link to find them.

I will take your suggestion under advisement and consider setting up a distribution method of some sort.  I can see the need, if for no other reason than to better organize my scripts, but it may take a while before I have a solution.
Regards, Jerry Wilkins
gwwilk@gmail.com

Offline gwwilk

• Forecaster
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2018, 08:28:37 AM »
I discovered a couple more HAniS-based animations that required updating.  See the first post in this thread.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 09:58:17 AM by gwwilk »
Regards, Jerry Wilkins
gwwilk@gmail.com