Author Topic: saratoga template. How to delete bogus history?  (Read 967 times)

Offline lrosenman

• Contributor
    • Siena Weather
saratoga template. How to delete bogus history?
« on: September 13, 2017, 01:26:45 PM »
I've had an issue where my MeteoBridge was giving really insane temperatures to Saratoga, and other things.  We think(!) we've fixed that, but I'd like to remove that bad data from the dataset.

Where is the historical data kept?

Online wvdkuil

• Wim van der kuil
  • Forecaster
    • My PWS at Leuven Belgium Europe
Re: saratoga template. How to delete bogus history?
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2017, 01:48:36 PM »
I've had an issue where my MeteoBridge was giving really insane temperatures to Saratoga, and other things.  We think(!) we've fixed that, but I'd like to remove that bad data from the dataset.

Where is the historical data kept?
Most Saratoga pages get all your station data, including history from the uploads from Meteobridge.  The history data such as min-max , yesterday, month a.s.o. is kept by your Meteobridge. Check the live data tab of your Meteobridge where all those values are shown. Click on a value or date/time you want to change. and you can do that in the pop-up
See attached jpg and or visit the Meteobridge wiki: http://meteobridge.com/wiki/index.php/Live_Data
Scroll to the bottom where it is explained in better english then mine.

Wim

Offline lrosenman

• Contributor
    • Siena Weather
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2017, 01:50:43 PM »
Ok, wasn't sure.  Will fix.  Thanks!

Offline dolfs

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2017, 07:23:40 PM »
You have to be thorough.  You cannot delete a bogus temp, only replace it. So, assuming you have some other historical source to determine what the value should be and when that was, replacements will make you feel better, but are not necessarily correct.

Having said that, replacing a bogus high for the monthly summary with a real value will not automatically correct the high for the year, so be prepared to update all necessary columns on the live data summary table. You might also want to take a screenshot before you start, in case you mess up, but note that it will not catch the time stamps (see below)

Also remember changing temp should imply changing dew point. Likewise changing RH.

Finally there is a trap for you. When you click it suggest you can enter a new value. If you just that it will remain labeled with the time stamp of the bogus value. You may append a string like @yyyy-mm-dd hh:mm:ss to also change the time stamp.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 07:25:58 PM by dolfs »
--dolf

Ambient WS-1400-IP + MeteoBridge

Offline lrosenman

• Contributor
    • Siena Weather
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2017, 08:37:14 PM »
There were numerous bogus values.  I just cleared the history.