Author Topic: Trouble with cloud base script  (Read 577 times)

Offline W Thomas

• Welcome to my area!
  • Forecaster
  • In Loving Memory Of Hooker The Weather Dog !
    • Smyth-Grayson Weather
Trouble with cloud base script
« on: February 16, 2022, 12:06:00 AM »
My cloud base display ceased to function a while back and we determined the cause was the script was not written to pull data past 2021 IIRC. Anyway, I downloaded the latest version from Kens Legacy scripts ( Thanks Ken) and configured what I thought was correct but I still have no display. Also when I call the url for the display I get an error message which I attached here. I'm stumped where the error is located but in general, I am curious as to if this script will continue to operate.

Any help is appreciated!

Best Regards
     Wayne

CWOP CW8217
KVAWHITE22 Wunderground   Davis VUE &  Davis Vantage Pro 2  /   Dedicated Server
GR Level 3 ,Level 2 AE Radars  Weather Display 10.37P  Mid Atlantic Weather Network Member
SkyWarn & Spotter Network 6092

Offline saratogaWX

• Administrator
  • Forecaster
  • Saratoga, CA, USA Weather - free PHP scripts
    • Saratoga-Weather.org
Re: Trouble with cloud base script
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2022, 11:27:48 AM »
Generally, you can check the error_log of your site for issues like this.

I used wget to get the raw response from cloud-base.php and found
Warning: imagecreatefrompng(./ajax-images/cb/cb-bg-NCR.png): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /hermes/bosnacweb01/bosnacweb01am/b879/ipg.smythweathernet/cloud-base/cloud-base.php on line 1326
Looks like it is missing the ./ajax-images/cb/ directory contents .. did you upload them from the alt-ajax-dashboard distribution?
Ken True/Saratoga, CA, USA main site: saratoga-weather.org
Davis VP1+ FARS, Blitzortung RED, GRLevel3, WD, WL, VWS, Cumulus, Meteobridge
Free weather PHP scripts/website templates - update notifications on Twitter saratogaWXPHP

Offline W Thomas

• Welcome to my area!
  • Forecaster
    • Smyth-Grayson Weather
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2022, 03:12:46 PM »
I think I uploaded the images but I may have uploaded them to the wrong directory. I’m good for that sort of thing. I’ll check and upload if I haven’t.  Thanks for the tip for obtaining these faults! I know that will get used in the future   :-P

Thanks for your help

Best Regards
     Wayne

CWOP CW8217
KVAWHITE22 Wunderground   Davis VUE &  Davis Vantage Pro 2  /   Dedicated Server
GR Level 3 ,Level 2 AE Radars  Weather Display 10.37P  Mid Atlantic Weather Network Member

Offline W Thomas

• Welcome to my area!
  • Forecaster
    • Smyth-Grayson Weather
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2022, 11:55:42 PM »
Power came back on and I looked and found I do have images but they are in the cloudbase directory.  Now I have to figure out how to get that part working and I should be good.

Best Regards
     Wayne

CWOP CW8217

anything