Author Topic: daily summaries  (Read 1952 times)

Offline jrsharman

daily summaries
« on: November 17, 2018, 09:53:23 AM »
Since the upgade to v2 the daily summary email sent to my email address at 23-30 each evening have not appeared.
A identical snotofication sent to my wifes email does appear, although the summary says it is sent at 22.30 not the 23.30 as set! !
Both are set correctly on the daily summaries notification page at weatherlink.com 
How to I get thne both working correctly again, they were fine for several years previous to the move to V2!

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
    • www.weatherstations.co.uk
Re: daily summaries
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2018, 10:09:08 AM »
Definitely not in your junk mailbox???

Timing sounds conceivably like a timezone issue, but difficult to say without seeing the account in detail.
Prodata Weather Systems
Prodata's FAQ/support site for Davis stations
Includes many details on 6313 Weatherlink console.
UK Davis Premier Dealer - All Davis stations, accessories and spares
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Offline jrsharman

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2018, 10:21:44 AM »
You are correct, they are NOT in my JUNK Mailbox!!!!
Time zone is set correcty as UK on the web site - never used to happen!

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2018, 11:28:10 AM »
One is notifying and not the other; could be a mail server issue?  Can you try another email address?

Re out by one hour, is the Bulletin update time within the correct time zone?

Enjoy,Paul

Offline Keith (Southend)

• Weather Home & Abroad
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2018, 07:06:27 AM »
Following on on this subject, the daily summary comes at mid day (gmt), is there a way you can set what time you get these daily updates? I would rather either say 09z or 18z, then the max/mins would be more meanifull.

Keith (Southend)

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2018, 09:42:29 AM »
The time is set in the Notification tab.
I have mine set for 12:00 AM device local time.  (I had it at 11:59 pm initially but changed it and can't recall what I didn't like with this time)

My email comes in at 12:00 am and gives me the data at that time along with what looks like the previous 24 hour reported highs/lows.

I am assuming if you set it for a different time the summary would be for that time and the immediate 24 hours reported high/lows, but don't know that for sure.

Enjoy,
Paul

Offline Keith (Southend)

• Weather Home & Abroad
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2018, 12:05:47 PM »
I have mine set for 12:00 AM device local time.  (I had it at 11:59 pm initially but changed it and can't recall what I didn't like with this time)

My email comes in at 12:00 am and gives me the data at that time along with what looks like the previous 24 hour reported highs/lows.

I am assuming if you set it for a different time the summary would be for that time and the immediate 24 hours reported high/lows, but don't know that for sure.

Enjoy,
Paul

Many thanks, mine was set to 13:00, yet my notifications say 12:00. I have changed it to 19:00 so in theory I should get a notification at 18:00?

Keith (Southend)

Offline Keith (Southend)

• Weather Home & Abroad
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2018, 02:28:32 PM »
Notification for 18:00 came through. Excellent.

Keith (Southend)

Offline Mattk

• Forecaster
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2018, 03:14:07 PM »
The 1 hour offset would either be an incorrect time zone settings or Daylight saving. Have you checked the Time & date settings?

Offline jrsharman

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2018, 12:41:36 PM »

Enjoy,
Paul
I am intrigued as to how you set the notification time to 11.59? IE anything other than xx.00 and xx.30, these seem to be the only options permitted by the software.
JOHN

Offline jrsharman

« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2018, 12:45:12 PM »
The 1 hour offset would either be an incorrect time zone settings or Daylight saving. Have you checked the Time & date settings?

It is neither of thoese two things. Basically the time advances by one hour everytime the SAVE button is pressed!  I resported this to Customer Service staff who say a fix is coming out sometime. Nothing seen yet after 4 weeks!
 I assume this behaviour must be the same for all users? Please confrim.

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2018, 01:29:58 PM »
I now see that it is only available at xx:00 or xx:30.  I was pretty sure I had it initially at 11:59 as I remember I didn't like the information that was in the notification, and Davis has changed the option, or I recall incorrectly #-o   

Enjoy,
Paul