Author Topic: GraphWeather by Antoine Guilmard  (Read 17140 times)

Offline Dragonfly

• http://www.crewe-weather.com
GraphWeather by Antoine Guilmard
« on: July 28, 2006, 10:02:38 AM »
This free program can be downloaded from http://www.aguilmard.com/index.php?page=graphweatherphp I am using it for the time being for generating my weather sticker by reading the Weatherlink archive file. I have edited the Report.xml file to fit the Weather Sticker format (still needs ome work) but here is the code.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1" ?>
<stylesheet>
   <image width="500" height="80" />
   <!-- ================= Background image ================= -->
   <frame width="500" height="80" position-x="0" position-y="0">
      <background color="ff0000ff" texture="img_banner.png" stretch="0" />
      <border cornerradius="20" color="FF555555" thick="1" />
   </frame>
   <!-- ================= Stats ================= -->
   <textbox width="500" height="80" shadow="0" position-x="110" position-y="0" margin="0">
      <text alignement="2" text="\tCrewe VA Weather\n$CURRENT_DATE[%A %d %B %Y at %H:%M]">
            <font color="FF5555BB" facename="Comic sans ms" size="20" weight="700" italic="0" />
      </text>
      <background color="00000000"/>
   </textbox>
   <textbox width="500" height="80" shadow="0" position-x="100" position-y="0" margin="0">
      <text alignement="2">
         <line text="\n\n\n"/>
         <line text="Relative pressure : $CURRENT[relative_pressure] $UNIT[PRESSURE]"/>
         <line text="Outdoor humidity : $CURRENT[outdoor_humidity] %"/>
         <line text="Dew point : $CURRENT[dew_point] $UNIT[TEMPERATURE]"/>
         <font color="FF555555" facename="Comic sans ms" size="12" weight="500" italic="0" />
      </text>
   </textbox>
   <textbox width="500" height="80" shadow="0" position-x="310" position-y="40" margin="0">
      <text alignement="2">
         <line text="Wind chill : $CURRENT[wind_chill] $UNIT[TEMPERATURE]"/>
         <line text="Humidex : $CURRENT[heat_index] $UNIT[TEMPERATURE]"/>
         <font color="FF555555" facename="Comic sans ms" size="12" weight="500" italic="0" />
      </text>
   </textbox>
   <textbox width="500" height="80" shadow="0" position-x="220" position-y="40" margin="0">
      <text alignement="2">
         <line text="Wind speed : $CURRENT[wind_speed] $UNIT[SPEED]"/>
         <line text="Rainfall 24h: $CURRENT[rainfall_24h%.2] $UNIT[RAINFALL]"/>
         <line text="Rainfall 1h : $CURRENT[rainfall_1h%.2] $UNIT[RAINFALL]"/>
      </text>
   </textbox>
   <textbox width="500" height="80" shadow="0" position-x="70" position-y="0" margin="0">
      <text alignement="2">
         <line text="$CURRENT[outdoor_temperature]$UNIT[TEMPERATURE]"/>
      <font color="FF000000" facename="Comic sans ms" size="30" weight="800" italic="2" />
      </text>
   </textbox>
   <!-- ================= Temperature gauge ================= -->
   <lineargauge width="100" height="145" shadow="0" orientation="1" position-x="9" position-y="-15" margin-top="20" margin-right="9" margin-bottom="55" margin-left="11">
      <title text="$CURRENT[outdoor_temperature] $UNIT[TEMPERATURE]" alignement="0" angle="0" position-x="0" position-y="0">
         <font color="FF555555" facename="Comic sans ms" size="1" weight="1" italic="0" />
      </title>
      <axis color="FF000000" min="-10" max="110" side="4" titlemargin="30">
         <labels labelinterval="1" side="2" hide="0">
            <font color="FF555555" facename="Arial" size="14" weight="800" italic="0" />
         </labels>
         <ticks majorticks="5" minorticks="3" side="2" hidefirst="0" hidelast="0" hideminorticks="0" hide="0" minorticksize="5" majorticksize="9"/>
      </axis>
      <index>
         <current_outdoor_temperature color1="FFFF0000" color2="FF00FF00" filled="1" side="2" thick="9" axisdelta="0"/>
      </index>
      <border cornerradius="0" color="FF000000" thick="0" />
      <gaugebackground color="00000000"/>
   </lineargauge>
   <!-- ================= Wind Rose ================= -->   
   <circulargauge width="60" height="60" shadow="0" orientation="1" position-x="400" position-y="8" margin-top="0" margin-right="0" margin-bottom="0" margin-left="0">
      <axis color="FF000000" min="0" max="360" titlemargin="20" titleside="32" fromangle="90" toangle="450">
         <labels labels="N;W;S;E" labelinterval="1" side="1" hide="0">
            <font color="FF555555" facename="Comic sans ms" size="10" weight="300" italic="0" />
         </labels>
         <ticks majorticks="5" minorticks="3" side="32" hidefirst="0" hidelast="0" hideminorticks="0" hide="0" minorticksize="5" majorticksize="9"/>
      </axis>
      <index>
         <current_wind_direction color1="90FF0000" />
      </index>
      <border cornerradius="0" color="FF000000" thick="0" />
      <gaugebackground color="00000000" texture="" />
   </circulargauge>
   <!-- ================= Reflect of temperature gauge ================= -->
   <frame width="660" height="100" position-x="0" position-y="0">
      <background color="00000000" texture="" stretch="0" />
   </frame>
</stylesheet>

-Ingo

Offline TiToine1978

« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2006, 06:25:11 PM »
Hello,

I have just released the version 1.5.2 of GraphWeather.
If someone is interested by, it can be downloaded at :
http://www.aguilmard.com/index.php?page=graphweathercpp&section=download&lg=en

Antoine.

Offline Dragonfly

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2006, 07:41:38 PM »
Thanks  :lol:

Also it requires the Active X update.
Found one problem, with no wind the direction goes to North or U.

using Weatherlink.dll

-Ingo

Offline TiToine1978

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2006, 10:59:32 PM »
What is the plugin you are using ? I think it's the VantagePro.dll if you use weatherlink. Or maybe MySQL.dll.

U means the value is out of range or unknown. Have you modify the range of the probe "Wind Direction" in Options, Preferences, Probes ? Normally the range is set to 0 - 360

Antoine.

Offline up10ad N9RJH

• USA Weather Finder
  • WxElement panel
  • Forecaster
  • Station will be back up someday...
    • Forecaster without a site
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2006, 08:57:44 AM »
I found I needed the latest DirectX control from Microsoft, available at http://www.microsoft.com/windows/directx/default.mspx.  

I seem to have temps graphed way above 125 degrees F for all values that relate to temp such as dew point, etc.  The graph track looks right but the axis lables are way off, they range from 0 to 150.  Also, the pressure axis labels all say 30, probably because it is rounding to the nearest in/Hg.  It needs to display and round to the nearest hundredth (29.65).

I am using the MySQL Plugin and seem to be getting accurate data from my database.  My probes are set to F, InHg, mph and inches.  Wind, humidity and pressure seem to be graphing OK except for the pressure axis rounding issue.

I did some testing and if I change my probe for temp to centigrade, the axis lables look right and the range is 30-60, however, values above 60 do not show.  The actual MySQL database has values in F.  The previous version 1.5.1 works correctly.

Let me know if I can help resolve this issue in any way.
Rick (N9RJH)
Have you joined USAWeatherFinder.com yet?

Offline Dragonfly

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2006, 09:30:41 AM »
Rick,
You can modify the decimal points for the readout by adding a number into the formula of the style sheet, for example the relative pressure would be <line text="Relative pressure : $CURRENT[relative_pressure%.2] $UNIT[PRESSURE]" > add the .2 to display hundreds.

Also to remove the decimal from the Humidity reading add %.0 to the tag
<line text="Outdoor humidity : $CURRENT[outdoor_humidity%.0]%"/>

-Ingo

Offline Dragonfly

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2006, 09:34:21 AM »
Antoine,
Yes I am using the Vantagepro.dll. However the problem cleared up after unchecking the "real time mode"

-Ingo

Offline TiToine1978

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2006, 12:22:27 PM »
Quote from: "k6dyc"
I found I needed the latest DirectX control from Microsoft, available at http://www.microsoft.com/windows/directx/default.mspx.  

Yes, I have changed my PC, and DirectX SDK by the same way...and GW requiere the latest version of DirectX.

I seem to have temps graphed way above 125 degrees F for all values that relate to temp such as dew point, etc.  The graph track looks right but the axis lables are way off, they range from 0 to 150.  Also, the pressure axis labels all say 30, probably because it is rounding to the nearest in/Hg.  It needs to display and round to the nearest hundredth (29.65).

Are you sure that temperatures in range of 125 and more degrees F make an axis range of 0 - 150 ? In all stylesheet ?

If you have all labels at the same value, you could increase precision in editing the stylesheet, and modifying as this :

Select the axis that represent the pressure, and find the format attribut in labels.

<y2axis side="8" color="FF000000" grid="0" autoscale="1" titleside="8" titlemargin="38">
         <title text="Pressure ($UNIT[PRESSURE])" alignement="20" angle="0">
            <font color="FF000000" facename="Arial" size="14" weight="400" italic="1" />
         </title>
         <labels labelinterval="1" angle="0" format=".0" side="8" hide="0">
            <font color="FF000000" facename="Arial" size="14" weight="400" italic="0" />
         </labels>
         <ticks majorticks="5" minorticks="4" side="8" hidefirst="0" hidelast="0" hideminorticks="0" hide="0" />
      </y2axis>

Change this format :  format=".0"
in :  format=".2"
.2 means two digits precision

Stylsheets are statics, and it's difficult to adapt them for all units type.

Antoine.

Offline TiToine1978

Re: GraphWeather by Antoine Guilmard
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2007, 05:24:15 PM »
Hi !

I have released a new version of GraphWeather : 1.6.1
For those who interested by, the english version is available at :
http://www.aguilmard.com/index.php?page=graphweathercpp&section=download

Bye  :D
Antoine Guilmard.

Offline Dragonfly

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2007, 04:00:21 PM »
Updated this morning.
WARNING: If you have changed any style sheets or Template files back them up because the update will over write the default names.

Did modify a few of the templates to look more like US format, especially the Daily, Monthly and Yearly Report.
http://www.crewe-weather.com/wg/

-Ingo

Offline Dragonfly

« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2008, 05:29:52 PM »
Version 2.0.75 alpha is out, I have it running for 4 days now without any problems. Really nice program for adding graphics to web cam images. Now I need to replace my fuzzy VHS Cam Corder http://www.crewe-weather.com/wg/1/
« Last Edit: April 12, 2008, 05:31:53 PM by Dragonfly »

-Ingo

blackjack52

« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2009, 07:39:43 PM »
Found this cool software in use by jcweather. But having some problems.
1. Can't get it to use .csv generated by VWS. Does GW only support WD or WL formats?
2. Already have Directx. Do I need mysql or jpgraph too?

Offline jmcmurry

• Jim McMurry
  • Forecaster
  • Davis Vantage Pro 2 Plus Wireless.
    • Juneau County Weather
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2009, 07:08:58 AM »
Lee,

You should be able to set the offsets to the data in your .csv by going Options-Setup-Plugins.  Select csv.dll from the dropdown then hit Options to get to where you do that.  I understand there's a newer version than the one that I'm running, but it should be similar.

Good Luck.

- Jim

Forum Search and Google Can be Your Best Friends

blackjack52

« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2009, 11:17:31 AM »
Thanks Jim. Thanks also for the ideas on layout.

I'll give it a shot. I've already found the newest ver and I have the csv.dll selected, just no data displayed. Will tinker w/ those options.

blackjack52

« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2009, 01:57:04 PM »
I have csv.dll selected for Base data and dbase.csv. OPTIONS/FILE FORMAT I selected Comma sep. Do I have to enter the Colonne # for each Sonde item?

For DATE/HR OF RECORDS, do I keep "from UNIX" selected?

I wish the help file was ENG. I found the forum, but broken ENG.

Offline DaleReid

• Forecaster
    • Weather at Eau Claire, WI
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2016, 10:12:37 PM »
I'm taking a chance to see if there are any folks out there using this software?

I know  Jim Mc. is and was the fellow responsible for getting me hooked on the great graphs this program draws.

For me, a major drawback is that I can neither read French, nor have anyone locally that does so well enough to participate in the program's forum which is almost exclusively in French.  I now know how hard it must be for others with non-English speaking backgrounds to use the boards that I take for granted.

Anyway, I'm looking for information on how the Data Sources configuration works, especially the Optional 1 and Optional 2 data sources.

Maybe I'm trying to do it wrong, but I have the Base set up to read a customtextout.txt file from WD with one weather station, but that station does not have accurate wind direction and speed.  I have a second instance of Weather Display running, capturing information from a Peet Brothers station, which has accurate wind info, but no solar sensors.

I was thinking that the place to put the second data source and associate it's probe to column assignment was in the Optional 1 section,and then use the options for that comma delimited source file to grab just the wind data and graph it.

I also don't know how the data type is used in the .xml spreadsheet.  In the normal examples and working part that I have, the data source is associated with a Graphweather data type, such as 'relative_pressure' and that is graphed.  I'm not sure how to tell the .xml spreadsheet to use the GW data point or probe from  the second source, and what the correct format for that data point would be, such as 'wind_speed_opt.1' ?

Graphweather requires a bit of programming but not only does it allow the most precise control over the output, but gives a choice of color and fades that is reminiscent of old graph paper and business paper shadings that I've not found anywhere else.  It definitely is worth it, so I'm in search of more information.

Thanks for any leads or personal experience that lets me know more about all the options this will give me.
Dale
ECWx.info
&
ECWx.info/t/index.php