Author Topic: Meteobridge temperature  (Read 2922 times)

Offline arrowspace90

• Forecaster
  • Vantage Pro II, tripod mount, 30 feet elevation
Meteobridge temperature
« on: October 21, 2018, 10:32:57 AM »
Why is Meteobridge reporting the "high temperature" of the day as its own internal box temp?  103 degrees?  How can I prevent this?
It's correctly reporting the outside temperature, minute by minute? [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Offline Bushman

• Forecaster
    • Eagle Bay Weather
Re: Meteobridge temperature
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2018, 11:23:30 AM »
What is mapped as the temp in your "Live Data" tab?
Need low cost IP monitoring?  http://wirelesstag.net/wta.aspx?link=NisJxz6FhUa4V67/cwCRWA or PM me for 50% off Wirelesstags!!

Offline wvdkuil

• Wim van der kuil
  • Forecaster
    • My PWS at Leuven Belgium Europe
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2018, 12:07:34 PM »
Why is Meteobridge reporting the "high temperature" of the day as its own internal box temp?  103 degrees?  How can I prevent this?
It's correctly reporting the outside temperature, minute by minute? [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]
When i check your WU pages from Oct 20 and before, there is a spike in the graph with the same high values:
https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=KTXHIGHL10#history/s20181020/e20181020/mdaily  at 04:24 AM 103.8 F
https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=KTXHIGHL10#history/s20181019/e20181019/mdaily at 10:54PM 102.2
There are some spikes "uploaded" to WU
But the High-Low_average part for a day shows the High-value from  "Yesterday" or something like that??

New error at WU, maybe?

Wim

Offline arrowspace90

• Forecaster
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2018, 02:32:28 PM »
What is mapped as the temp in your "Live Data" tab?

Offline Bushman

• Forecaster
    • Eagle Bay Weather
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2018, 02:54:02 PM »
Weird.  Mouse over it and let us know what tag it is - th0temp etc.
Need low cost IP monitoring?  http://wirelesstag.net/wta.aspx?link=NisJxz6FhUa4V67/cwCRWA or PM me for 50% off Wirelesstags!!

Offline Mattk

• Forecaster
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2018, 04:25:39 PM »
Because it is mapping to thb0temp (indoor) and not th0temp (outdoor)?

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2018, 04:29:01 PM »
What firmware version of the Meteobridge are you running? Also what kind of Meteobridge is it (regular, Pro, Nano)?
« Last Edit: October 21, 2018, 04:34:53 PM by galfert »
Ecowitt GW1000 | Meteobridge on Raspberry Pi
WU: KFLWINTE111  |  PWSweather: KFLWINTE111
CWOP: FW3708  |  AWEKAS: 14814
Windy: pws-f075acbe
Weather Underground Issue Tracking
Tele-Pole

Offline arrowspace90

• Forecaster
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2018, 05:58:49 PM »
Version 3.7

Meteobridge Pro.

I love playing with computers, however I was not trained in them and I am not an IT person like so many here appear to be.

Offline Bushman

• Forecaster
    • Eagle Bay Weather
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2018, 06:02:07 PM »
Ah... MBP nmakes a difference.  What temp shows on the front display panel? https://www.meteobridge.com/wiki/images/thumb/f/fd/Meteobridgepro-front2.jpg/420px-Meteobridgepro-front2.jpg

Offline arrowspace90

• Forecaster
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2018, 06:55:45 PM »
It looks like its showing outside

Offline Bushman

• Forecaster
    • Eagle Bay Weather
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2018, 09:03:28 PM »
Switch to the std. temp display and post what it shows please.

Offline wvdkuil

• Wim van der kuil
  • Forecaster
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2018, 11:15:40 PM »
Why is Meteobridge reporting the "high temperature" of the day as its own internal box temp?  103 degrees? How can I prevent this?
It is now 10:00 PM at https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=KTXHIGHL10#history
The uploaded data to WU for Oct 22 contains one spike for that day:
 at 9:34 PM   103.8 °F   53.6 °F   20 %   East   0 mph   0 mph   30.23 in   0 in   0 in
That is the value we started with in the first post.
The high-lows on the same page now show 104.9 °F

Since October 12 there are these strange values visible in the uploaded data. Seems there were other temp problems that day and following days.
Since then, during 24 hours nearly all values which are uploaded look like normal "outside temp" values.
Each day at different moments one or two spikes are reported for current outside temp and another high value for highest temp of the day.

What happend at October 12? Is there maybe an USB-disk problem with the MB-Pro?

Wim

Offline docbee

• Forecaster
    • smartbedded
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2018, 06:50:04 AM »
When the MB PRO picks up tons of RF noise there might be a false packet here and there that has a valid CRC by accident.
What is your average sensor signal strength (live data tab tells, might be in the between 60 and 70)?
What is the percentage of fine packets (indoor sensor tells a percentage)?
what is the RF threshold you defined on "station" tab?

Having that data one can optimize your reception and by doing so make the occurrence of false reading much less probable.
founder of smartbedded.com - home of meteohub, meteoplug, meteobridge, meteostick

Offline arrowspace90

• Forecaster
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2018, 09:28:35 AM »
So I need to move the antenna?  It doesn't have a whole lot of cord available, I could buy the newer one with the longer cord.  My station sits on the roof, perhaps 10 feet or 15 feet above it.

Offline arrowspace90

• Forecaster
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2018, 10:25:42 AM »
I don't know why the temp "spikes" are occuring.  But I have to prevent this, they are unacceptable.

I moved my antenna a couple of feet higher.  I don't know what further to attempt?

Offline wvdkuil

• Wim van der kuil
  • Forecaster
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2018, 04:12:00 AM »
I don't know why the temp "spikes" are occuring.  But I have to prevent this, they are unacceptable.

I moved my antenna a couple of feet higher.  I don't know what further to attempt?
You posted 7 days ago a comment at https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=KTXHIGHL10
I am my own worst enemy at times. I failed to reestablish A/C power to my Meteobridge Pro box when I switched routers. So for about 3 weeks, I was not providing any data to CWOP.
I didn't catch this, because my data was still being sent to WU via Virtual Weather Station software on my desk top.
I could still see my totals on my phone when I traveled. So I thought all was well until I was thankfully contacted by another weather hobbyist who alerted me to the outage. All is fixed for now...
Are you absolutely sure that VWS is NOT uploading data to WU?
If VWS is still active in one way or another, VWS can be the cause of the spikes

Wim

Offline arrowspace90

• Forecaster
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2018, 10:21:18 AM »
Thank you for bringing this up and for reading the blog.
I don't know enough about software conflicts to understand how VWS could interfere or cause false temp spikes.  However, based on your suggestion, I have disabled the inputs to WU from VWS, so today I will see if the spikes disappear.
I can only say, WU is showing "meteobridge" as the source of it's data from my VPII
« Last Edit: October 23, 2018, 10:35:51 AM by arrowspace90 »

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2018, 11:12:47 AM »
Sounds like you were double reporting to WU with both VWS and the Meteobridge Pro. I don't think that is a good idea at all. Good catch wvdkuil!

Tele-Pole

Offline arrowspace90

• Forecaster
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2018, 02:47:30 PM »
Another spike just a while ago while I was outside and after I had disabled reports from VWS to WU.  So that wasn't the problem.
Unless someone has an idea of what's wrong, I suppose I could next disable meteobridge and report ONLY from VWS and see if the spikes stop.  If they do, that pretty much IDs meteobridge (or that is, my particular red box) as the source of the problem.

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2018, 03:18:40 PM »
Power down the Meteobridge Pro for like 30 minutes. That way you can make sure that nothing else is uploading to WU with your ID and password.

Also if your Meteobridge Pro is from Ambient and it includes a license for ambientweather.net make sure that if you are uploading to ambientweather.net that you don't have it configured there to also upload to WU. You would check that through your ambientweather.net account.

« Last Edit: October 23, 2018, 03:22:03 PM by galfert »
Tele-Pole

Offline arrowspace90

• Forecaster
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2018, 09:56:11 AM »
2 more "spikes" of high temp in the predawn hours.

Does anyone know if a red Pro box can be sent for evaluation and repair?  It's not of much use to me if it is going to report false readings.

My station is not reporting these spikes.  I can look on my VWS logs and see no unusual temperatures.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2018, 09:58:26 AM by arrowspace90 »

Offline wvdkuil

• Wim van der kuil
  • Forecaster
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2018, 11:10:42 AM »
2 more "spikes" of high temp in the predawn hours.

Does anyone know if a red Pro box can be sent for evaluation and repair?  It's not of much use to me if it is going to report false readings.

My station is not reporting these spikes.  I can look on my VWS logs and see no unusual temperatures.
Check 1: As asked by  @galfert , completely switch of the MB-Pro for one or two hours.
Then one can see if during those hours some other program/net is uploading to your WU account. The graph should be completely empty.

Check 2: If the WU-graph is empty, it could be someone else Davis equipment nearby which is incidentally recorded by your MB-Pro-Red. If available you could connect the Davis console+logger to your MB-Pro and use that for a day or two instead of the built-in Pro-Red receiver.
If their is again a spike in the the  WU-graph the MB-Pro is faulty.

Check 3: If the WU-graph is normal without spikes, with an USB connected station, you have to tweak the Pro-Red reception. Best thing to do is either answer the questions by Docbee, he is the author of the MB program: https://www.wxforum.net/index.php?topic=35328.msg361817#msg361817 .
You can give him remote login access to your MB-Pro as described in https://forum.meteohub.de/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=9885 

Wim

Offline arrowspace90

• Forecaster
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2018, 12:52:14 PM »
Thank you, that is very helpful of you.  I will be doing these things.

These problems developed after I (stupidly) left my Pro unpowered for 3 weeks during a home router swap out.
Prior to that time, I possibly/likely had more than one service sending data to WU for no telling how long without any problems observed.

As far as the antenna reception, the external antenna for the Pro is in exactly the spot that had functioned without error for a full year.  The Pro, meanwhile is connected to the router directly with ethernet, so it sits right next to it.

Offline arrowspace90

• Forecaster
« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2018, 09:22:47 AM »
I unplugged my Pro yesterday just before 1pm and left it unplugged for about 40 minutes.  During that period, I saw that all inputs to WU had ceased, and I was just a non reporting station.
Interestingly, the unit spiked its temp right as it was being unplugged.
Since it has been plugged back in, no anomalies have occured for 19 hours.  I am hoping that this simple reset did the the trick, and I will be keeping a close eye on it for a few days.
If problems being to recur, I will contact Mr. Docbee.
Appreciate the help and suggestions that I received.

Offline arrowspace90

• Forecaster
« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2018, 01:40:54 PM »
When the MB PRO picks up tons of RF noise there might be a false packet here and there that has a valid CRC by accident.
What is your average sensor signal strength (live data tab tells, might be in the between 60 and 70)?
What is the percentage of fine packets (indoor sensor tells a percentage)?
what is the RF threshold you defined on "station" tab?

Having that data one can optimize your reception and by doing so make the occurrence of false reading much less probable.

I had another temp spike just an hour or so ago, so that is discouraging.  As far as my reception, I suppose I could move my Pro box upstairs, so that it basically sits directly under the roof station instead of a full floor beneath it.  Unfortunately, in that case, I cannot have it ethernet connected to my router, but the current situation is not acceptable.
So, unless there are other alternatives, I will shut down the Pro for now (returning to VWS reporting to WU and CWOP) while I re-read the instructions on how to use the Pro wirelessly.  I already use an external antenna for it, it seems like it should be able to receive signals from 15 feet above it.