Author Topic: Question on Anemometer Remote Kit  (Read 1406 times)

Offline azchrisf

• Cobra Weather Dominator Operator
  • Forecaster
Question on Anemometer Remote Kit
« on: September 22, 2017, 11:25:59 AM »
I installed the remote Anemometer yesterday to get better wind readings off my chimney. Works great.
The device looks like a self-contained ISS module.

It has ports for all the sensors, so my question is, could this be used to remote RF the other sensors, like UV & Solar, or is it designed only for the Anemometer?
Davis Vantage Pro 2 Plus 6163 w/ 8 Transmitters!
Also doing Soil and Leaf 4x
WU: KAZGLEND106 CWOP: FW1398 (F1398) Purpleair: 98793/LAZGLEND8
My setup:
https://www.wxforum.net/index.php?topic=41867.0

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
    • www.weatherstations.co.uk
Re: Question on Anemometer Remote Kit
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2017, 11:56:03 AM »
Yes, it's identical to the ISS SIM board. No, it can't be used to remote sensors other than the anemometer (unless you have an Envoy8X or Meteobridge Pro Red unit).
Prodata Weather Systems
Prodata's FAQ/support site for Davis stations
Includes many details on 6313 Weatherlink console.
UK Davis Premier Dealer - All Davis stations, accessories and spares
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Offline mcrossley

• Forecaster
    • Wilmslow Astro
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2017, 12:01:14 PM »
Mark

Offline JudinNorman

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2017, 01:00:06 PM »
Mine works just fine as a Temperature/Humidity Station with a regular VP2 console,  so it can be used for more sensors than anemometer.

Yes, it's identical to the ISS SIM board. No, it can't be used to remote sensors other than the anemometer (unless you have an Envoy8X or Meteobridge Pro Red unit).

Offline SLOweather

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
    • Weatherelement Moline IL
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2017, 01:11:32 PM »
To clarify... Except for the leaf wetness/soil moisture SIM, all the other station use the same ISS-style SIM board. When sending to a VP2 console, the station type in the console determines what will be received from that particular station. You can even configure a complete ISS as a temp/hum station in the console. (I've done it.)

So, sure, you can use a temp/hum station and plug an anemometer into it as well. BUT, a given console will only be able to receive it as either a temp/hum station OR an anemometer station, but not both. (or maybe as the only ISS but without a rain gauge).

Now that I've clarified, I'll muddy it up again. With 2 consoles, that hypothetical temp/hum/anny station could be received as a temp/hum station on one console, and an anny on the other. :)

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
    • www.weatherstations.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2017, 01:12:09 PM »
Mine works just fine as a Temperature/Humidity Station with a regular VP2 console,  so it can be used for more sensors than anemometer.

Yes, you're quite right - temp/hum is the only exception, other than using a different type of receiver from a standard console (in which I include the standard Envoy) or Mark's workaround.

Edit: And of course as a supplementary temp sensor received on a standard console you only get the 1°F resolution rather than the 0.1°F of the primary temp sensors.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 01:40:05 PM by johnd »
Prodata Weather Systems
Prodata's FAQ/support site for Davis stations
Includes many details on 6313 Weatherlink console.
UK Davis Premier Dealer - All Davis stations, accessories and spares
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Offline Old Tele man

• Singing in the rain...
  • Forecaster
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2017, 02:41:31 PM »

Yes, you're quite right - temp/hum is the only exception, other than using a different type of receiver from a standard console (in which I include the standard Envoy) or Mark's workaround.

Edit: And of course as a supplementary temp sensor received on a standard console you only get the 1°F resolution rather than the 0.1°F of the primary temp sensors.
Which is why I opted to go with a supplementary Envoy8X in addition to my original VP2 system.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 02:43:50 PM by Old Tele man »
• SYS: Davis VP2 Vue/WL-IP & Envoy8X/WL-USB;
• DBX2 & DBX1 Precision Digital Barographs
• CWOP: DW6988 - 2 miles NNE of Cortaro, AZ
• WU - KAZTUCSO202, Countryside

anything