Author Topic: WEEKLY ALERT NOT RECEIVED  (Read 2852 times)

Offline stevenpomp

WEEKLY ALERT NOT RECEIVED
« on: December 01, 2016, 09:38:33 AM »
I reside in Westchester County, NY covered by KWO35 162.550. I purchased 3 Weather Alert radios & triple checked the setup & FIPS CODES. I have not received the RWT alert or any alerts for that matter. I switched the area to ALL for the 2nd week and still no Weekly Test received. I am receiving NOAA loud and clear. Any info will be appreciated.
Thanks,
Steve/Yonkers, NY

Offline ValentineWeather

• Forecaster
    • Valentine Nebraska's Real-Time Weather
Re: WEEKLY ALERT NOT RECEIVED
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2016, 10:16:38 AM »
It may help if you gave the models. You are positive weekly alert is turned on? I keep weekly alerts off on my unit.

Quote:
NWR alarm features normally run tests each Wednesday between 10 a.m. and noon local time.
If you have any questions regarding alarm tests or to verify if a test was conducted, contact the programming office of the NOAA Weather Radio station.
  http://www.stormready.noaa.gov/contact.htm
Randy

Offline stevenpomp

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2016, 10:42:13 AM »
Midland WR120EZ, Midland WR300, Sangean CL100. I went through the alerts individually and set them all to the ON position just to increase the chance that I would receive ANY Alert to make sure the setup is correct. I have no Messages stored in the radios I have listed and I have them setup for the past 2 weeks with no luck getting the weekly test alert message. I am at work when the weekly test is sent, so I check for a message when I get home and none of the radios show a message was received.
Thanks Again for your help.

Offline ValentineWeather

• Forecaster
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2016, 11:12:53 AM »
Call the number and ask if weekly test went out. http://www.stormready.noaa.gov/stormmaps/ny-cwa.htm
Randy

Offline stevenpomp

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2016, 11:26:09 AM »
Thanks Very Much for the info, I called the number phone number 631-924-0037 and spoke to a very helpful gentleman who advised the alert was not sent the past two weeks due to the weather conditions. He advised it would be sent in the next 5 minutes and sure enough, the alerts went off without a hitch. I am relieved the radios are all operating as they should. I was doubting my setup or that the radios actually worked as they should. Anyway all is well & thanks for all the help from the group.
Steven

Offline ValentineWeather

• Forecaster
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2016, 11:52:20 AM »
Thanks Very Much for the info, I called the number phone number 631-924-0037 and spoke to a very helpful gentleman who advised the alert was not sent the past two weeks due to the weather conditions. He advised it would be sent in the next 5 minutes and sure enough, the alerts went off without a hitch. I am relieved the radios are all operating as they should. I was doubting my setup or that the radios actually worked as they should. Anyway all is well & thanks for all the help from the group.
Steven

Good deal, I was wondering about that. They usually don't totally skip but wait for fair weather.
Randy