Author Topic: Win 10 Anniversary Upgdrade 1607 Lost USB Station Connectivity  (Read 2960 times)

Offline lmmohr

Win 10 Anniversary Upgdrade 1607 Lost USB Station Connectivity
« on: September 20, 2016, 08:33:13 PM »
The Upgrade went well on my WX station computer, or rather appeared to...

Until I tried to load my station software (Weatherlink 6.0.3).  The program runs, but throws a station communication error when I try to load the station display page.  System setup USB "test" results in same.

Drivers are up to date.

Was working fine before update.  Anyone have a solution?

Thanks,

lmm

Offline Kaban

Re: Win 10 Anniversary Upgdrade 1607 Lost USB Station Connectivity
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2016, 11:55:01 AM »
Hello.
I just had exactly the same problem a couple of days ago. I reinstalled bith the driver and Weatherlink but the problem persists.

David. El berrueco (Madrid, Spain).

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
    • www.weatherstations.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2016, 05:02:46 PM »
I haven't had a chance to check driver versions against recent Windows 10 build versions and update the KB accordingly, but see if this helps at all:

https://www.manula.com/manuals/pws/davis-kb/1/en/topic/windows-compatibility
Prodata Weather Systems
Prodata's FAQ/support site for Davis stations
Includes many details on 6313 Weatherlink console.
UK Davis Premier Dealer - All Davis stations, accessories and spares
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Offline Curly

• Forecaster
    • Michiana Weather
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2016, 06:55:44 PM »
I had to move my weather programs to a WIN7 pc because of the ports.
Also the Task Scheduler has issues if you set up a task and later on reboot the computer.
If you're thinking about a fresh install, it doesn't help.

Windows 10...   Microsoft knew how to design the new blue desktop logo. Smoke and mirrors.

Offline Kaban

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2016, 04:31:02 AM »
Thanks for your link, johnd, but it did not help.

It says an update for the driver was released last march -v6.7.3 dated March 3, 2016- but in the Silabs link the version  to download is still 6.7.2.

I tried to download data from the weather station with another computer with Windows 10 build version 10.0.10586 and it worked perfectly, but with the other computer with version 10.0.14393 it does not work.
The option to roll back to an older driver version does not work either as the roll back button is greyed out.

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2016, 08:49:35 AM »
It says an update for the driver was released last march -v6.7.3 dated March 3, 2016- but in the Silabs link the version  to download is still 6.7.2.

What do you mean? You've installed the version that's labelled as v6.7.3, but it still reports as v6.7.2???

The version that's showing at:

http://www.silabs.com/products/mcu/pages/usbtouartbridgevcpdrivers.aspx#windows

is labelled as v6.7.3. So you've downloaded this AND installed it (with logger unplugged from the PC) and it's still showing as v6.7.2?

But why not just switch the logger to VCP mode then and use that?
Prodata Weather Systems
Cambridge UK

Sorry, but I don't usually have time to help with individual issues by email unless you are a Prodata customer. Please post your issue in the relevant forum section here & I will comment there if I have anything useful to add.

Offline WheatonRon

• Forecaster
    • WUnderground
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2016, 05:35:24 PM »
The Upgrade went well on my WX station computer, or rather appeared to...

Until I tried to load my station software (Weatherlink 6.0.3).  The program runs, but throws a station communication error when I try to load the station display page.  System setup USB "test" results in same.

Drivers are up to date.

Was working fine before update.  Anyone have a solution?

Thanks,

lmm

I have had no problems with Weatherlink 6.0.3 and Windows 10--other than when uploading to CWOP, it does not rotate among receiving servers like it should. Not sure if this is a Microsoft issue or a Davis issue.
Davis VP2 with SHT31 (3 complete VP2 systems—2 with a daytime fan and 1 that has a 24 hour fan); CWOP--CW5020, FW3075 and FW4350; WU--KILWHEAT17, KILWHEAT36 and KILWHEAT39; WeatherCloud.net; CoCoRaHS--IL-DP-132; and Weatherlink 2.0

Offline Kaban

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2016, 07:20:09 PM »
"What do you mean? You've installed the version that's labelled as v6.7.3, but it still reports as v6.7.2??? "

Exactly so. I tried several times with the Weather Envoy unplugged fom the pc and that is what happened.

"But why not just switch the logger to VCP mode then and use that?"

I tried the USB to Serial converter utility but after hitting any key as requested by the pop up window i got an error. See attached screen shot.

Thanks.

Offline phqfh

• Paul's Weather Satellite and Waffle Page
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2016, 05:41:48 AM »
I haven't had a chance to check driver versions against recent Windows 10 build versions and update the KB accordingly, but see if this helps at all:

https://www.manula.com/manuals/pws/davis-kb/1/en/topic/windows-compatibility

Thanks John :) I used the new Silabs driver mentioned in the article after uninstalling the driver installed when win 10 decided to give me the anniversary gift
Best regards
Paul

Offline johnd

• Forecaster
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2016, 06:37:30 AM »
"What do you mean? You've installed the version that's labelled as v6.7.3, but it still reports as v6.7.2??? "

Exactly so. I tried several times with the Weather Envoy unplugged fom the pc and that is what happened.

Hmm, maybe you need to uninstall the old driver first, as others are saying. Perhaps Windows doesn't like installing an older driver over a newer one (I don't know - just a guess)

"But why not just switch the logger to VCP mode then and use that?"

I tried the USB to Serial converter utility but after hitting any key as requested by the pop up window i got an error.

Sorry, that's an incomplete suggestion - you would need to try this switch of logger mode on a different PC with WL installed. I suspect that if the USBXpress driver is not working then the switch utility can't talk to the logger to switch the mode.
Prodata Weather Systems
Cambridge UK

Offline Kaban

« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2016, 09:36:30 AM »
Problem solved at last.

I connected the Weather Envoy to the computer with Windows 10 and run the USB to Serial utility. It worked.

Then i unistalked and instalked again Weatherlink and the driver in the original computer. I connected back to it the Weather envoy and now it works fine in serial mode.