Author Topic: iAWEKAS - weather conditions in your hand - iPhone, iPod, iPad application  (Read 6981 times)

Offline Jabolcnik

Hello to all forum members...

I'm would like to inform you that a new iOS application is awailable in Apple store. http://q4.si/P
It was developed in cooperation with http://www.awekas.at/ which I belive you all know.
In this version of iAWEKAS you can monitor your weather station, and also check weather condition from any other station which is cooperating with www.awekas.at.

Aplication is free - and available now.

In near future - the application we will develop the "Mobile reporting" module (report weather condition "from the road")

Best regards,
Peter Lukan
peter.lukan@gmail.com

Offline DaculaWeather

• WxElement panel
  • Forecaster
    • North Georgia Weather
Re: iAWEKAS - weather conditions in your hand - iPhone, iPod, iPad application
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2010, 11:56:15 AM »
Great! Now port it to a Droid and you have a user. Don't have an iPhone/iPad/iAnything and won't.

Offline Arthurhh

• Senior Contributor
  • IT Fixer
    • Tokoroa Weather Live
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2010, 03:32:48 PM »
Well as a contributor to Awekas I am disappointed that they take our data and attempt to make money off it, it would not be as bad if perhaps they made the app addvert free for those who contribute data.

Offline Scalphunter

• Forecaster
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2010, 04:41:13 PM »
 All these weather sites other then Mesowest sell the data you send to them. They are making money off the free data we send them. some give you an scription instead like WU.  Weatherbug  gives free scription yearly to there desktop software after you buy it the first time  download it and contribute weather data to them.  Only one making out are them definitly not us other then getting your website maybe listed.

Offline cjfasciano

« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2010, 05:31:06 PM »
I have Davis VP2.  I use weatherlink 5.9.2a, and I upload to Weatherunderground, weather exchange, weather bug and I am trying AWEKAS and I do not know what i am doing at all.... They want this and that and I don't seem to see what they're saying cause the print screen copies they made are so fuzzy I can't make out anything.  I also saw a part where they said just use a data file, but which one?  I'm very confused... so besides weatherlink to weatherunderground an weather exchange and weatherbug does davis have us upload it anywhere else... well scrooling through the forums i saw accuweather has a way for us to do it too?? or is it for another weather console company?  Happy Holidays and if anyone in the East Coast with remote accesss I would gladly have you help me that way.  TTYL

Christopher Fasciano
DW1399/KPANORTH4

Offline SpartanWX

• Senior Contributor
For a FREE AD FREE app that does the same thing, try Wunder for iPhone.

I just wish either of them would would show the trendlines and daily extremes as well.

Offline Jabolcnik

Well as a contributor to Awekas I am disappointed that they take our data and attempt to make money off it, it would not be as bad if perhaps they made the app addvert free for those who contribute data.

Please let me write some answers to your concerns:

AWEKAS doesn't sell your data! At least not to me -> The data recived in iAWEKAS from AWEKAS servers is free.
As a developer of iAWEKAS - your suggestion that the registered AWEKAS users should have adfree application -> very good sugesttion! THIS will be implemented ASAP!!!!

Best regards,
Peter
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 04:14:01 AM by Jabolcnik »

Offline up10ad N9RJH

• USA Weather Finder
  • WxElement panel
  • Forecaster
  • Station will be back up someday...
    • Forecaster without a site
Peter, glad to hear that you will be offering an ad-free version to contributors.  Can you provide a free code for the in-app purchase ($1.99) to remove the ads for those of us that contribute data to you?  
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 10:52:17 AM by up10ad »
Rick (N9RJH)
Have you joined USAWeatherFinder.com yet?

Offline up10ad N9RJH

• USA Weather Finder
  • WxElement panel
  • Forecaster

WUNDER hasn't been updated for over a year, and displays minimal info from your PWS.  A beter option for iPhone or other smartphone users is to just create a Home Screen link to the mobile version of your web site (you do have a mobile version that auto-detects smartphones, right?).
Rick (N9RJH)

Offline George Richardson

• WxElement panel
  • Forecaster
    • Smith Mountain Lake Weather
Rick,
I note that you are an iphone user/proponent. I have just recently become a Droid smartphone owner. At this point, I'm still learning how to turn the thing on. My question refers to, "option for iPhone or other smartphone users". Will this code work for the Droid system? Will modifications be needed? Will MAJOR modifications be needed? I'm now a member of the Old Fart club and understand the reluctance people my age had 30 -40 years ago to touch a computer, I might break it.
Thanks
George

Offline up10ad N9RJH

• USA Weather Finder
  • WxElement panel
  • Forecaster
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2011, 01:35:20 PM »
Geprge,

Droid users can indeed add a web page bookmark right on the home screen.  Follow these easy instructions
Rick (N9RJH)

Offline George Richardson

• WxElement panel
  • Forecaster
    • Smith Mountain Lake Weather
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2011, 04:12:46 PM »
Thanks Rick.
George

Offline Jabolcnik

« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2011, 05:08:11 AM »
Peter, glad to hear that you will be offering an ad-free version to contributors.  Can you provide a free code for the in-app purchase ($1.99) to remove the ads for those of us that contribute data to you?  

I'm giving users of this forum 10 redeem codes for removing Ads from iAWEKAS.
J3RF79699LLX
967A69MKX77J
6PPRFMH7HPMX
NJN7WFYMPTM7
KN4PTTRMELYJ
PMK3YERLMTYT
3EELEHF94K6R
WA9FT64W3WAK
6KR9LLEEMW7K
LPPMPM7NHATJ

Enjoy!

Offline up10ad N9RJH

• USA Weather Finder
  • WxElement panel
  • Forecaster
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2011, 09:00:35 PM »
Thanks, I used the last one.
Rick (N9RJH)

Offline SpartanWX

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2011, 12:25:45 PM »

WUNDER hasn't been updated for over a year, and displays minimal info from your PWS.  A beter option for iPhone or other smartphone users is to just create a Home Screen link to the mobile version of your web site (you do have a mobile version that auto-detects smartphones, right?).
It hasn't been updated... but it gives you the current conditions.  It looks comparable to iAWEKAS in its feature set.  I use it on a regular basis.

I don't have a web site for my PWS.

Offline juanpa

« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2016, 11:48:41 AM »
We delivered a app for display your Awekas station in your Mobil device, "mobAWEKAS" is iOS and Android available.
If your use a Metobridge with Wunderground or Awekas weather network them your can use our app "myMeteobridge".
Thanks a Awekas for the support
Enjoy-it!
Joanpao by Sonotrigger Software

anything