Author Topic: Console Reception Loss w/WxSolution  (Read 1546 times)

Offline NorthNJwx

• Senior Contributor
Console Reception Loss w/WxSolution
« on: May 08, 2009, 07:40:43 PM »
I had this same problem back in December, but it went away after changing computers. Now, it is back.

My problem is this: Every time I open WxSolution, the Vantage Pro 2 console simply loses reception, and the "R" appears in the lower-right of the console screen. This problem does not occur when I open VirtualVP, WeatherLink, or Cumulus - only WxSolution. The reception remains lost for a certain period of time - anywhere between 30 seconds and several minutes, it seems - then finally returns. While the reception is gone, none of the weather parameters on the VP2 console update.

This issue had not been occurring for me after changing computers in December. However, I upgraded WeatherLink today, requiring me to unplug the datalogger (serial version) and then replug it in. Apparently, this is the change that has caused the problem with WxSolution and losing console reception to creep back up again.

While the console does eventually gain its reception back, I'm worried that the problem could get worse, and that it could eventually become difficult to use WxSolution due to the reception loss period that occurs whenever I open the program. While I thankfully don't have to close and reopen WxSolution often (I've gone weeks, perhaps months, at a time without doing so), the problem does occur every time I open it now.

If anyone has any insight or feedback on this issue, it would be much appreciated. While I may be finding a way around this problem for the time being, it would certainly be beneficial if I could fix it now. Thanks in advance for any feedback you may have.