Author Topic: Good-bye Internet. Going off the grid:(  (Read 1815 times)

Offline Theo

Re: Good-bye Internet. Going off the grid:(
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2019, 05:52:07 PM »

18 months?  Nope.

Original EOL email was sent 2/14/17 with EOL date of 8/31/17 - I can forward you the email.  New EOL date is Feb 2019.  That is 18 months sir.  Denial is not just a river in Egypt.

Nope.

The email was sent in February of 2018, not 2017.

Yup, you are correct, I checked the email and did not get the date right (when I am wrong, I say I am wrong).  In any event, the 6 month extension still put them about a year out from the last devices the "directly" sold.   It seems like 5 years ago when this all started.  :(   

I shot my 5 in 1 and bought a WS2000 and have been quite happy with it, and to date, Ambient hasn't EOLd any of the components, so I take that as a win.

Offline Theo

« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2019, 05:53:21 PM »

Nope.

The email was sent in February of 2018, not 2017.

You're right of course but I doubt that knowing it was only a 6 month extension instead of 18 months is going to make Theo (or anyone else) feel better.   ;)

Bad math or old eyes, you pick.  Indeed, 6 month only.  Either way, it was a bad way to do it and they put the extension there.  I hope they learn from this and become a better company to do business with.

Offline Zug

« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2019, 08:42:26 PM »
I'm letting it go also.  I can't afford to pay for something I've already paid for.   I still have the wall display for my 3 in 1.  but my rain gauge will be useless as I only had the hub to access it..  And I don't need the rain gauge so much that I pay for a new hub..

And there's no reason Acuripoff can't keep support the older device other then to get more money from us.  Which is why I won't buy any Acuwrong items in the future..
Kent

Offline DoctorKnow

• Forecaster
« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2019, 09:02:04 PM »
Maybe they sold more weather stations with smarthubs than they anticipated? Many of us remember a few New Year's when the smarthub became non responsive because of server overlord. The product seemed to end it's own life, and there was just no way around cutting bait with it. Sometimes these things happen, and anyone who thinks that a company would want to purposely cause their customer base to turn away is not being reasonable. Many just wanted a way to remotely monitor their weather without buggy displays, and the bridge was very reliable at that, but then many wanted more from it, like rapid updates, and the processor in the bridge was just not made to be expanded. Many had their hubs replaced free after they were bricked from server upgrades.

anything