Author Topic: No snow for you on WS-2000  (Read 482 times)

Offline kbellis

• Forecaster
No snow for you on WS-2000
« on: January 20, 2019, 12:09:05 PM »
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

The WS-2000 (v1.3.7) doesn't have an icon for snow, like the WS-2902A does.

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
Re: No snow for you on WS-2000
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2019, 04:33:36 PM »
Kelly,
You are having way too much fun with your dual WS-2000 / WS-2902A displays.....me too!
Which do you like better?

The only advantage I see on the WS-2902A is the larger numbers that you can read across a room. But the view angles are terrible. On my kitchen counter I have to always duck to see the darn thing. I also dislike that there is less data available without pressing buttons.

The WS-2000 on the other hand looks beautiful from anywhere and at any angle. I can read the main numbers from across the room. But you can't read humidity, and solar/UV from across the room. But if you get close you can see all the data including feels like and dew point and historical rain all without pressing a button. I like having more data displayed. I like having wind and gusts simultaneously along with average and max. Then having graphs at a touch of a button is neat. For me the WS-2000 is a hands down winner. All that and I've not mentioned other features like extra sensors, sun set/rise, future air quality sensor, and more.

But I'm glad I have both.

Hope you get your snow icon. And you are right I won't miss it  :lol:
« Last Edit: January 20, 2019, 04:35:39 PM by galfert »
Ecowitt GW1000 | Meteobridge on Raspberry Pi
WU: KFLWINTE111  |  PWSweather: KFLWINTE111
CWOP: FW3708  |  AWEKAS: 14814
Windy: pws-f075acbe
Weather Underground Issue Tracking
Tele-Pole

Offline kbellis

• Forecaster
Re: No snow for you on WS-2000
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2019, 07:34:15 PM »
You're very correct, George - it is great fun for my inner nerd child, and my outer nerd adult! It has been a wonderful segue into the many internet of other things, sudo apt-get, get it?  ;) e.g., Culmination, Equation Time, Standard Deviation, Variance, Raspbian, weeWX, and so many other math and science related subjects. And being recently retired, there's guilt-free time to enjoy the learning and meeting new friends.

WS-2902A Pros, just a few, and items that the WS-2000 doesn't have
Firmware updates for both WiFi and the Console Display are combined; when and however we might happen to learn of them, and the installation of which are nicely facilitated through the AWNET app.

Easy to read data, up close or from across the room when the console is seated in the base and is perfectly vertical.

Has built in temp-humidity-barometric sensors.

Has an RSSI icon for the 915MHz signal from the outdoor array.

WS-2000 Pros, just a few, and items that the WS-2902A doesn't have
Firmware for the Display Tablet is reversible.

Up to eight different wireless sensors which at present are limited to temp-humidity sensors (WH31B), but are planned to include air quality and soils sensors, date TBA.

Beautiful display; and greater depth of data able to be displayed, including graphs, with many key presses.

Data logging, backup data, and export to SD card; i.e., History_YYYYDD.csv

I'm sure I've omitted exclusive items from each display's pros list.

As for which one I like better, honestly, they're both still on probation. Depending upon how much trouble either one of them presents, the other may become favored.

Kind regards,

Kelly

Kelly,
You are having way too much fun with your dual WS-2000 / WS-2902A displays.....me too!
Which do you like better?

The only advantage I see on the WS-2902A is the larger numbers that you can read across a room. But the view angles are terrible. On my kitchen counter I have to always duck to see the darn thing. I also dislike that there is less data available without pressing buttons.

The WS-2000 on the other hand looks beautiful from anywhere and at any angle. I can read the main numbers from across the room. But you can't read humidity, and solar/UV from across the room. But if you get close you can see all the data including feels like and dew point and historical rain all without pressing a button. I like having more data displayed. I like having wind and gusts simultaneously along with average and max. Then having graphs at a touch of a button is neat. For me the WS-2000 is a hands down winner. All that and I've not mentioned other features like extra sensors, sun set/rise, future air quality sensor, and more.

But I'm glad I have both.

Hope you get your snow icon. And you are right I won't miss it  :lol: