Author Topic: Best mounting option for WS-2000  (Read 1304 times)

Offline Bucs44

Best mounting option for WS-2000
« on: January 18, 2019, 10:20:27 AM »
I just purchased this station and have done my site survey but am really conflicted on where the best spot to put my station.  My yard is heavily treed.  I have an existing weather station now that I attached the wind gauge/anemometer to the back corner of my deck.  I'm sure I'm not getting a true reading of the wind as the house is there but it is about 20' from the house.

I don't know that I necessarily want to get up on the roof and mount it up there - I know that that is probably the most ideal solution.  Does anyone have any mounting pictures that I could see to give me an idea of how best to install my station?

Offline kbellis

• Forecaster
Re: Best mounting option for WS-2000
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2019, 04:35:22 PM »
Hello and welcome to the forum! And congratulations on the WS-2000!!

It's a struggle trying to settle where to place the weather station, particularly if all you have is a half-acre lot in town, as is my situation. These CWOP-themed docs will help in your evaluations of where you end up placing your station even if you're not interested in participating in CWOP. They're generally not written with the owner of a multi-sensor all-in-one type weather station, but still have good things to keep in mind for what will likely be a compromise.

CWOP Siting Guide (PDF): This is a guide to siting and operating a CWOP station. This is a must-read document.

Another CWOP Guide (PDF): This is another guide to siting and operating a CWOP station. This is a must-read document.

Urban Siting and Operations (PDF): This is a guide to siting and operating a CWOP station in an urban environment.

I built a 10' tilting mast to facilitate easy cleaning and maintenance.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Check this out (best viewed in HD full screen), it was fun making: Determining True North

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]