Author Topic: WU Acurite Weather Station Selections  (Read 2042 times)

Offline Mirwin275

• Senior Contributor
  • AcuRite Atlas (wind ext. & lightning detector)
WU Acurite Weather Station Selections
« on: October 31, 2018, 11:10:43 PM »
I just noticed this. If anyone wants to know, WU now has multiple Acurite models to choose from for your station, including the Atlas.

Offline bdh

Re: WU Acurite Weather Station Selections
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2018, 11:49:37 PM »
Where is that located, mine just shows 5-1 I am currently reporting with a Atlas, was this when you signed Up ? But I replaced the 5-1 reporting to WU with the Atlas, which right after I did the 5-1 stuck on 99% humidity just the nick of time.

Thanks

Offline nincehelser

• Forecaster
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2018, 11:59:51 PM »
Where is that located, mine just shows 5-1 I am currently reporting with a Atlas, was this when you signed Up ? But I replaced the 5-1 reporting to WU with the Atlas, which right after I did the 5-1 stuck on 99% humidity just the nick of time.

Assuming you are logged in to wunderground, select "My Profile" from the upper right corner.

Then pick "My Weather Stations" from the pull-down menu.

You'll get a list of your weather stations.  You'll see a gear in the upper right of each station listing.  Click the gear and select "edit".

After editing, there is a "Save" button if you scroll down to the bottom of the edit page.  Press "Save" and you'll get a "thank you", plus there will a green banner at the top of the page (you'll probably need to scroll up) saying your changes were saved.

The interface is a little goofy there, as it isn't quite clear if your changes were saved or not, other than the green banner at top.  The banner disappears after a few seconds, too. 

« Last Edit: November 01, 2018, 12:01:27 AM by nincehelser »

Offline Mirwin275

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2018, 12:01:09 AM »

Thanks

You need to make sure you are logged into WU first. Then click profile, then click my weather stations, then click the gear icon and select edit, then there is a drop down box for station hardware. These screenshots should help. [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Offline Mirwin275

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2018, 12:02:26 AM »

Assuming you are logged in to wunderground, select "My Profile" from the upper right corner.

Then pick "My Weather Stations" from the pull-down menu.

You'll get a list of your weather stations.  You'll see a gear in the upper right of each station listing.  Click the gear and select "edit".

After editing, there is a "Save" button if you scroll down to the bottom of the edit page.  Press "Save" and you'll get a "thank you", plus there will a green banner at the top of the page (you'll probably need to scroll up) saying your changes were saved.

The interface is a little goofy there, as it isn't quite clear if your changes were saved or not, other than the green banner at top.

Ahh, George. You beat me to it. Thanks. I think we both are saying the same thing.

Offline nincehelser

• Forecaster
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2018, 12:04:25 AM »
Ahh, George. You beat me to it. Thanks. I think we both are saying the same thing.

True.  I was thinking of the web interface in my description, though.  I'm not sure if it's the same with the mobile, but it looks pretty close.

Offline bdh

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2018, 05:17:52 AM »
Thanks Guys
I also had to reload page afterwards I was able to load the Height above the ground and it brought pressure reading to same as my Weatherflow, also nice feature to add surface type mounted above.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2018, 05:20:12 AM by bdh »

Offline PSL

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2018, 06:21:43 AM »
I just noticed this. If anyone wants to know, WU now has multiple Acurite models to choose from for your station, including the Atlas.

Just a few days ago I looked to see if I could change my WU station info from the 5 in 1 to the Atlas, but the Atlas was not a choice. They must have just updated the list. Thanks for posting that.

Offline daman

• Forecaster
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2018, 06:27:22 AM »
Thanks for the heads up i just changed mine as well.
KMIBADAX38
AcuRite Iris/AcuRite Access

Offline Glenn

• Forecaster
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2018, 07:57:58 AM »
Pretty comprehensive list! I had to scroll up from my currently selected station to see the new options. I've changed both of my stations; very simple.
Acurite 5 in 1 Pro+
Southern VT
Connecticut

Offline worachj

• Forecaster
  • Twin Cities, Minnesota
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2018, 08:03:47 AM »
The new Atlas WU hardware profile is encouraging. Maybe AcuRite is getting close to releasing a Access firmware update so that the UV and solar data starts showing for our WU stations.

Do we need to reboot the Access when a firmware update is released or is automatic?

AcuRite Atlas
KMNSAINT173

Offline Mirwin275

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2018, 08:06:18 AM »
The new Atlas WU hardware profile is encouraging. Maybe AcuRite is getting close to releasing a Access firmware update so that the UV and solar data starts showing for our WU stations.

Do we need to reboot the Access when a firmware update is released or is automatic?

It's automatic as long as there is an internet connection.

Offline daman

• Forecaster
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2018, 09:54:07 AM »
Yep automatic you don't even know it happens
KMIBADAX38
AcuRite Iris/AcuRite Access

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2018, 09:54:33 AM »
This is great news for my analysis of weather stations on Weather Underground, so that I can begin to count Acurite by model type. Hopefully people will notice this and change their WU configuration settings. Unfortunately I think most existing stations will probably not get the word. But perhaps at some point we'll be able to see new devices separately.

See this thread for my analysis work. Which I plan on doing every few months.
https://www.wxforum.net/index.php?topic=34900.0

* If you have an Acurite station please update your station type in Weather Underground so that we can start to count and differentiate installed Acurite stations by model type.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2018, 10:55:16 AM by galfert »
Ecowitt GW1000 | Meteobridge on Raspberry Pi
WU: KFLWINTE111  |  PWSweather: KFLWINTE111
CWOP: FW3708  |  AWEKAS: 14814
Windy: pws-f075acbe
Weather Underground Issue Tracking
Tele-Pole

Offline SkellyCA

« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2018, 10:14:45 AM »
Just changed mine. Thank you!
If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up to much room.

Online DoctorKnow

• Forecaster
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2018, 10:29:03 AM »
I doubt very many existing stations will realize that you can go back and change things. You can even go back and rename your station neighborhood ID...

Offline radioman61

« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2018, 10:41:41 AM »
Just changed min too...Thanks!

Offline SkellyCA

« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2018, 11:06:42 AM »
Question:

I was looking at the settings and there is one for Surface Type.

My Atlas is on a 20' pole. The main sensors are about 13' up the pole, about 3' above my roof. The anyy is at the top of the pole. The The pole is resting on dirt. The road in front of my house is asphalt and my roof is shingles.

So what is my surface type?

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2018, 03:26:02 PM »
Surface type refers to the ground below the rain gauge / temp / humidity sensor.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2018, 03:52:54 PM by galfert »
Tele-Pole

Offline Glenn

• Forecaster
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2018, 07:38:04 AM »
You can even go back and rename your station neighborhood ID...

I want to say that was available before. Can't be 100% sure though.
Acurite 5 in 1 Pro+
Southern VT
Connecticut

Online DoctorKnow

• Forecaster
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2018, 08:03:16 AM »
You can even go back and rename your station neighborhood ID...

I want to say that was available before. Can't be 100% sure though.
It has always been possible as far as I know. I just don't think most users knew they could do it.

Offline galfert

• Global Moderator
  • Forecaster
« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2018, 09:29:11 AM »
It's too bad you can't edit your Latitude and Longitude. I understand WU wants you to create a new ID if you move. But sometimes it is necessary to make a minor correction, and nobody wants to lose all the history to fix Latitude / Longitude.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2019, 02:59:10 PM by galfert »
Tele-Pole

Offline SkellyCA

« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2018, 05:24:05 PM »
This is not working. I changed my info to Atlas yesterday and today it still says Acurite Pro Weather station.

Also, elevation shows up but nit Height Above Ground? Shouldn't Height Above Ground be important info to show?

Offline nincehelser

• Forecaster
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2018, 05:30:48 PM »
This is not working. I changed my info to Atlas yesterday and today it still says Acurite Pro Weather station.

Also, elevation shows up but nit Height Above Ground? Shouldn't Height Above Ground be important info to show?

Worked for me.  Did you remember to scroll down and hit the "Save" button?  (Not sure where it is on the mobile side)

Offline SkellyCA

« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2018, 06:43:07 PM »

Worked for me.  Did you remember to scroll down and hit the "Save" button?  (Not sure where it is on the mobile side)

Yes. When I double checked it today in my settings, it does indeed say Atlas but when I click on About this PWS it still says Acurite Pro...