Author Topic: Acurite 5 in 1 software Cumulus not supporting the Acurites  (Read 1009 times)

Offline Elmendorf ARS

• Elmendorf ARS
Acurite 5 in 1 software Cumulus not supporting the Acurites
« on: September 25, 2018, 11:04:53 PM »
Hi,

I am not a programmer so will need you to remember that please.

I manage a Military Amateur Recreation Station in Alaska as a volunteer. 
The Club and Station is a no profit group supporting military members
their families and retirees.

Problem Weather Station wise is this, we lost out cheap Chinese station recently.
So I bought a Acurite 5 in 1 to replace it as it was reported to have PC Connect software.
Well as you may know it does and doesn't.  Previously we used Cumulus to take the data
from the old Wx Station and export it to our website.  Comes in handy when a storm blows
in with high winds on a hilltop radio site. Acurite PC Connect does not do this, mostly it
will export data to Weather Underground which is fine we used to do that with Cumulus.
But it fails in the fact it does not export a .dat file or wxnow.txt etc....I also send this
weather data out over APRS here in Anchorage.  Well not now but I did.  At home I am still
using an old model wx station that Cumulus will talk to so there I have good data to work with.
Does not help me at the club station ten miles away.  :(

Cumulus does not support the Acurite and shy of writing code I cannot figure out how to get
that the outputted .csv onto a webpage that's readable.  Again not a programmer.

I need to find either a program like Cumulus or a program that will take that .csv file
from the Acurite and build an html version I can upload to our website. 

Anyone out there have suggestions on how I do this?

Ron
Anchorage, Alaska

Offline Bushman

• Forecaster
    • Eagle Bay Weather
Need low cost IP monitoring?  http://wirelesstag.net/wta.aspx?link=NisJxz6FhUa4V67/cwCRWA or PM me for 50% off Wirelesstags!!

Offline Elmendorf ARS

• Elmendorf ARS
Re: Acurite 5 in 1 software Cumulus not supporting the Acurites
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2018, 01:18:58 AM »
Ok thats great how do I get that HTML onto my website?  Run a separate FTP program that sends the file every ten minutes or some such?  Still not a programmer.....

Offline KK7X

• Contributor
  • KIDRATHD3
    • Rathdrum Weather
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2018, 07:49:32 AM »
Fling File Transfer - or Weather Display

Offline Bushman

• Forecaster
    • Eagle Bay Weather
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2018, 08:54:19 AM »
VIS reader has its own FTP publishing module.  Pg 77 of the fancy manual.
Need low cost IP monitoring?  http://wirelesstag.net/wta.aspx?link=NisJxz6FhUa4V67/cwCRWA or PM me for 50% off Wirelesstags!!