Author Topic: My PWS ~ Union City, CA  (Read 2853 times)

Offline SkellyCA

My PWS ~ Union City, CA
« on: September 20, 2018, 09:56:33 PM »
Hyello,

I'm new here, so I thought I post my station link. It can be found on Wunderground at...

KCAUNION9

Here is my mount, it is 20' high...

If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up to much room.

Offline SkellyCA

Re: My PWS ~ Union City, CA
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2018, 09:36:14 PM »
Upgraded to an Atlas. This is the best I can do with my small yard and very little sun. The anemometer is 20' in the air. So the ISS is about 15' high; I would have put it lower but I didn't want the aluminum awning affecting the readings. The cable from the anemometer to the ISS is only 30', which would only give me an extra 10' if I brought it to the ground which wouldn't be in a sunny place. So it's a trade off.

It can be found on Wunderground @ KCAUNION9

If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up to much room.

Offline ValentineWeather

• Forecaster
    • Valentine Nebraska's Real-Time Weather
Re: My PWS ~ Union City, CA
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2018, 09:55:58 PM »
You gotta do what's necessary when the area is limited. Good idea raising the unit to reduce the heat buildup from the structures. Rainfall may get messed up being that high, so recommend getting a 4" diameter style used for cocorahs. You can always join too.  :-)
Rainmanweather has the 4" diameter at decent price. You can choose USPS to reduce shipping cost a few $. http://www.rainmanweather.com/Stratus

Amazon also carries if you have a prime account which includes shipping but $8 higher, probably a wash cost wise with Amazon usually shipping faster at same price for Prime members.   
AAlso official Cocorahs store claims cheapest shipping here. http://www.weatheryourway.com/cocorahs/store.html

Randy