Author Topic: HydraWise watering control using local weather stations data  (Read 1209 times)

Offline PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
HydraWise watering control using local weather stations data
« on: April 30, 2018, 11:10:35 AM »
Anyone use HydraWise, and any thoughts?

As I am waiting for my VP2 Pro Plus to arrive I'm also getting quotes on installing inground sprinkler.  One firm has mentioned Hunter Hydrawise.  Is this useful?

I went to their site and looked at the nearby reliable weather stations page they use https://www.hydrawise.com/content/hydrawise-weather-stations and if I enter my area Komoka, Canada I see my station and what appears other Weather Underground stations on their map, so looks like those are what they call reliable.

Paul

Offline hymrog

• Gahanna Weather
Re: HydraWise watering control using local weather stations data
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2018, 10:19:56 PM »
I have had a Hydrawise controller for several years and could not be happier. I actually bought from the original owner of the company before they were bought out by Hunter and did my own install replacing the original controller. Anyhow, you can control your zones through your smartphone which is very convenient and you can access via your PC from anywhere.

You can set up various parameters for watering such water more or less based on temperature, precipitation and wind. I use my own station data that I send To WU along a neighbors data and my local airport for my weather data.

There are also various reports you can run as well. I would buy again without hesitation.

Greg