Author Topic: Luverne Alabama Tornado  (Read 928 times)

Offline Intheswamp

• Early on one frosty morn'...
  • Forecaster
  • Sure...I know enough to be dangerous, now.
    • Beeweather
Luverne Alabama Tornado
« on: April 04, 2017, 09:09:47 AM »
I really didn't get a chance to get around and do much photography...missed the hardest hit spots but got a few.

The old Gulf/BP station is my tire shop...the old tin warehouse is mine, also.  Not a good day...it was a great day, actually, nobody injured...nobody killed.  This doesn't help my livelihood but at least I live to play again another day...

https://flic.kr/s/aHskX8A457

IMG_3658a (Custom) by Intheswamp, on Flickr

Davis VP2, v3.12
Cumulus v1.9.4  Build 1079
Today's weather beats no weather at all!
www.beeweather.com
www.beausandbonnets.com

Online PaulMy

• Forecaster
    • KomokaWeather
Re: Luverne Alabama Tornado
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2017, 09:38:28 AM »
So sorry to hear and see that Ed.  First thing, so long no one was injured. Presume that tree in the 2nd last picture missed the house!?!

Regards,
Paul

Offline Intheswamp

• Early on one frosty morn'...
  • Forecaster
  • Sure...I know enough to be dangerous, now.
    • Beeweather
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2017, 10:12:02 AM »
House on the right got a lot of damage to the far right (west) side of it.  Most school systems in the area (county systems) closed school yesterday in anticipation of bad weahter.  They made the correct call being as that house is due-east and only about 1/8 mile from our local public school.  I've heard no reports of damage at the school, though.  There were two or three homes demolished...the father/grandfather of one family simply said, "God is good."...his daughter and grandchildrens' home was destroyed...they are ok. 

Davis VP2, v3.12
Cumulus v1.9.4  Build 1079
Today's weather beats no weather at all!
www.beeweather.com
www.beausandbonnets.com

Offline ClaireAnderson

• Best free weather app for iPhone & iPad
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2017, 02:45:47 AM »
Tornado always destroy everything in its path. Not only properties and land but it also damage lives. The climate is constantly changing and tornadoes are even appearing in the places where they have never appeared before. But there are certain precautions that we can take in order to stay safe during a sever weather. However, it is not possible to keep the property and the land safe from tornadoes and sever storms.
Claire Anderson
http://www.weathermate.net
San Francisco, CA, USA

anything