Author Topic: Acu-Link Internet Bridge AVAILABILITY  (Read 15268 times)

Offline Wrog

Re: Acu-Link Internet Bridge AVAILABILITY
« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2012, 11:36:46 AM »
Thanks Ryan, I'll give them a call.
Another issue:  when I logged on this morning my 5-in-1 sensor was no longer showing up on acu-link.  I thought maybe the signal was too weak but I checked my receivers and they are both receiving data with full signal strength and one of them is further from the sensor and through two more walls.  I clicked on "Manage Sensors" and it is showing up on the list of available units along with the pool sensor.  I clicked the green + button to add it and then Save.  When it goes back to the Dashboard it's not showing up, only the pool sensor is there.  I've logged out and back in, used two different computers and it won't show up on the dashboard.  Any ideas :?:

Offline Rhino

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2012, 04:27:15 PM »
Is it showing up on your "my sources" list to the left of the dashboard?

Offline Wrog

« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2012, 04:43:16 PM »
Hi Ryan, regarding the sensor that is missing from my dashboard.  When I called about the pool sensor I asked the tech on the phone about the issue.  She had me unplug my bridge for a few minutes and plug it back in.  I did that and let it sit for a while then logged back in but it didn't seem to do anything.  I removed the batteries from the pool sensor so it is no longer listed in my sources but neither is the bridge nor the 5-in-1 sensor.  Currently it looks like this:
My Sources
Cimarron (the name of the bridge)
Manage Sensors
Weather Select >

Offline Rhino

• Senior Contributor
« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2012, 11:12:26 AM »
Sorry for late response- I am looking into this, I will let you know what I find.

Offline VaDeerHunter

« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2012, 08:46:32 PM »
I am wanting a new system that actually has support like this! The large display unit models with ticker will support this firmware and software? I think its 01015? I have been round the block with Dr Tech, now Lacrosse and been sorely dissapointed and the reviews for WMR200A donl't make me very comfortable either. I want a EL display and more than one inside unit and remote access and Wunderground uplinks. If it does all this, ya got me!:)

Thanks,

Pat DE KA4VNM
« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 09:26:53 AM by VaDeerHunter »

Offline vreihen

• El Niņo chaser
  • Forecaster
  • K2BIG
« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2012, 11:43:13 AM »
I am wanting a new system that actually has support like this! The large display unit models with ticker will support this firmware and software? I think its 01015?

The product being discussed is the Internet bridge, which has no display.  It plugs into your home router by ethernet cable, and relays whatever the outdoor sensor(s) are transmitting up to the Acu-Link My Backyard Weather (MBW) web site for viewing on the web and from smartphones.  MBW can be configured to relay periodic (15 minute?) updates to Weather Underground, but not currently in the fast "rapid fire" mode.  There is no way (without hacking) to access the data received by the bridge locally.  This device was apparently designed with the sole goal of uploading data to the MBW web site.  The unique feature that the Internet bridge has in the AcuRite product line is that it can read multiple sensor arrays, so you can have a 5-in-1 for wind/rain/temperature, a pool sensor in your hot tub or pond for water temps, and a simple temperature probe in your basement watching for freezing temperatures.  As I said above, the pitfall is that you can only view the received data on the MBW web site without some hacking.

If you purchase a 1025, 1035, or 1525 console, they come with a USB port that can be used to read the data from the 5-in-1 sensor array via an attached PC.  AcuRite provides software that uploads the downloaded data to MBW.  If you want to anything with the data on your local PC, you will need to pay for the commercial Weather Display (WD) software package that includes a USB interface to the above consoles.  WD is the cat's meow, and can upload to Weather Underground, build live web pages, and do more than I personally would ever need to do.  The only caveat is that you need to keep a Windows PC running 24/7, and of course that you can only read one sensor array.

The underlying architecture of the Acu-Link wireless system is quite flexible.  All of their products tagged as Acu-Link compatible use the same radio frequencies and protocols.  The Internet bridge is sensor-agnostic, and seems to more or less upload any sensor signal that it receives to the MBW web site.  All of the weather consoles will only display the data from whatever type of sensor they were sold with, but are not locked to the exact sensor that came with them in the box.  For example, I have a simple tabletop thermometer that has a wireless outdoor temperature sensor.  It does not show up on any of my weather consoles that came with 5-in-1 sensors.  You can have multiple consoles read from a single sensor array, such as my single 5-in-1 being read by a 1515, 1035, 1055, and the Internet bridge all at the same time from various rooms around the house.

From a hobbyist perspective, the Acu-Link system architecture as a lot of potential, but is limited by it's inability to read/process multiple sensors locally.  I seem to recall reading a web post about someone extracting the radio receiver board from a console and being able to decode the raw sensor data, but have not had the ambition to void my warranty since the MBW web site is meeting my needs for simple remote access and no sharing.....
h
WU Gold Stars for everyone! :lol:

Offline Wrog

« Reply #31 on: December 18, 2012, 06:46:05 PM »
I called customer support about the loss of my bridge from my Backyard Weather account.  The rep told me to delete my account and set up another account.  I did this and all seems to be working well, haven't had any issues since I set up a new account.

Offline backin15

« Reply #32 on: December 26, 2012, 02:30:04 PM »
Wrog - Is your pool sensor now reading the correct temp since you set up the new account? Mine is reading -148  :shock: on My Backyard weather like yours was but the indoor display is reading correctly.

Offline Wrog

« Reply #33 on: December 27, 2012, 11:31:39 AM »
It sounds like you got one of the batch that doesn't report properly to the bridge.  You should call customer support and have them send a replacement for you.  When I talked with them it sounded like there isn't a fix for it short of replacement.

Offline backin15

« Reply #34 on: December 28, 2012, 06:08:57 PM »
Thanks for the reply. I have talked to customer support but it turns out I never registered it and apparently there is supposed to be a sticker on the back of the indoor unit with a date code which is missing on mine. Unless I can produce a recipt proving it is less than 1 year old (Bought it last June) they won't help. I guess its time to start digging.

Offline backin15

« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2013, 06:44:37 PM »
Just downloaded an update - now it works! In portrait mode at least, for some reason it reverts to -148.9 in landscape mode.