Author Topic: New Acurite 5n1 with Wifi reporting to wunderground - $149  (Read 6659 times)

Offline Glenn

• Forecaster
Re: New Acurite 5n1 with Wifi reporting to wunderground - $149
« Reply #50 on: December 13, 2018, 07:00:21 AM »
Great review! Check to see if the fan is running when the sun is out. Sounds like that could be the cause of your temp spikes. I have two 5 in 1 stations and they don't have the temp spikes some have reported. When the sun is out, I can hear the fans running. Each is mounted to a shed via an antenna mount and a metal pole. You can actually hear the fan when you area inside each shed.
Acurite 5 in 1 Pro+
Southern VT
Connecticut

Offline DoctorKnow

• Forecaster
« Reply #51 on: December 13, 2018, 08:11:20 AM »
In the winter, I find the single solar panel fan works best. I have both, and when I used the 2 solar cells, I found my temp was 5F or so high as well. It is the sun angle this time of year.

Offline WXman

• Stormdawg
  • Senior Contributor
« Reply #52 on: December 18, 2018, 04:34:18 PM »
I climbed the tower today and verified that the fan is running on my 5-n-1.  You can hear it plainly running in the sunlight.

Ironically, the fan on my VP2 which I couldn't get to work all summer is working today too.   :roll:

I'm still seeing a temperature generally 3-4 degrees higher than my VP2 or the surrounding mesonet sites that are ~10-15 miles from me to the north, east, and south.  As soon as the sun sets, everything is spot on again.

Overall though, I'm still pretty happy with it considering the price and ease of installation.
B.S. in Meteorology/Climatology

38.01977N, 84.83486W
Davis Vantage Pro 2 wireless station
AcuRite 5-n-1 w/ WiFi reporting to WU

Offline CW2274

• Forecaster
    • Conditions @ CW2274 West Tucson-Painted Hills Ranch
« Reply #53 on: December 18, 2018, 05:44:25 PM »
I'm still seeing a temperature generally 3-4 degrees higher than my VP2 or the surrounding mesonet sites that are ~10-15 miles from me to the north, east, and south.  As soon as the sun sets, everything is spot on again.
No surprise, the radiation shield of the fan aspirated VP2 remains one of the best in the business...as long as the fan is running, especially the 24hr variety.

anything