Author Topic: Web Interface Login Problems  (Read 1755 times)

Offline W3DRM

• Forecaster
    • Emmett Weather
Web Interface Login Problems
« on: November 11, 2015, 09:17:56 PM »
This afternoon, I attempted to log-in to my RED system via the web interface to check some things and for some reason I can log-in okay but within a few seconds of doing so, I get directed back to the login-screen. This is something that has just recently come up and I don't have any explanation for it.

The only change I've made to my network setup is to add a new unmanaged switch to the router. Removing the switch and setting the cabling back to the original configuration has no effect. I still get redirected back to log-in again.

NOTE: The BO cabling does not utilize the switch in any way.

Any ideas?
Don - W3DRM - Emmett, Idaho --- Blitzortung ID: 808 --- FlightRadar24 ID: F-KBOI7
Davis Wireless VP2, WD 10.37s150,
StartWatch, VirtualVP, VPLive, Win10 Pro
--- Logitech HD Pro C920 webcam (off-line)
--- RIPE Atlas Probe - 32849

Offline miraculon

• Sunrise Side Weather
  • Forecaster
  • KE8DAF
    • Sunrise Side Weather in Rogers City MI USA
Re: Web Interface Login Problems
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2015, 08:52:09 AM »
During the few seconds before it returns to the login screen, does it appear to be "logged in" with the extra tabs like "signals", "settings" and "tools", etc.?

Does the uptime (at the very bottom of the GUI screen) indicate that it has remained running during this, or does it have an uptime of only a few seconds? I am wondering if it could have rebooted for some reason.

I just logged into my controller and it is OK. Have you tried a different PC, browser, cache flush? Cases like this are when you wish there was a terminal login via SSH....  ](*,)

Greg H.

Blitzortung Stations #706 and #1682
CoCoRaHS: MI-PI-1
CWOP: CW4114 and KE8DAF-13
WU: KMIROGER7
Amateur Radio Callsign: KE8DAF

Offline W3DRM

• Forecaster
    • Emmett Weather
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2015, 03:57:01 PM »
During the few seconds before it returns to the login screen, does it appear to be "logged in" with the extra tabs like "signals", "settings" and "tools", etc.?

Does the uptime (at the very bottom of the GUI screen) indicate that it has remained running during this, or does it have an uptime of only a few seconds? I am wondering if it could have rebooted for some reason.

I just logged into my controller and it is OK. Have you tried a different PC, browser, cache flush? Cases like this are when you wish there was a terminal login via SSH....  ](*,)

Greg H.

Greg,

Thanks for the tip!

Didn't think about trying to access the web interface via another computer. Just did that and it's working fine and not going back to the log-in prompt. The Clock is showing it is counting  and, shows "Running 96d, 17h". As I said, I haven't tried to log-in or even touch the BO system for a long time.

Guess I'll try flushing the cache on my browser to see if that clears the problem on my main desktop.
Don - W3DRM - Emmett, Idaho --- Blitzortung ID: 808 --- FlightRadar24 ID: F-KBOI7

Offline miraculon

• Sunrise Side Weather
  • Forecaster
  • KE8DAF
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2015, 04:14:24 PM »
Excellent. What browser were you using when you had the problem?

Greg H.

Offline W3DRM

• Forecaster
    • Emmett Weather
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2015, 11:58:24 PM »
I normally use Chrome. My second computer, a laptop, is running the same Win7 Ultimate. I can log-in successfully on the laptop but cannot stay logged-in on the desktop with any browser. I have tried it with Chrome, Firefox, Oprah, Palemoon, Safari, and IE. All of them give the same results even after clearing all history and cache settings.

The only difference is that that the laptop is connecting to the router wirelessly and the desktop is hardwired to a port on the router.

Offline miraculon

• Sunrise Side Weather
  • Forecaster
  • KE8DAF
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2015, 10:06:46 AM »
Are you running the Windows firewall on that laptop? Any other "security" software like anti-virus, intrusion detection, etc.?
I had a problem making purchases on eBay/PayPal that drove me nuts for a while until I figured out that it was the IDP running on my ZyWALL.

Greg H.

anything