Author Topic: Wired Weather Station  (Read 2267 times)

Offline riverrat373

Wired Weather Station
« on: November 24, 2009, 05:05:20 PM »
Hello! I'm new here and would like some opinions on weather stations. I live in Washington State close to the Columbia River Gorge National Scenic Area. We have a lot of wind and weather changes in this area and I would like to monitor the winds and temps mostly. I have heard that wired weather stations are better for wind monitoring because the data is in real time while wireless stations update info every 5 or 6 seconds only. I do not have a large budget (around $400.00) and would like to buy the best  system I can for the money.

I have been looking at the Peets system and wonder if anyone has had any experience with this company. I am open to any other brands that might fall into my price range. I want a system can record high and low temps and maximum winds. Being able to hook to a computer would be nice too.

Thanks,
riverrat373 :grin:

Offline fritz_monroe

Re: Wired Weather Station
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2009, 06:15:30 PM »
I've been looking at the Davis systems.  I've found that the Davis Vantage Pro2 cabled system can be had for under your budget.

Offline Weather Display

• Forecaster
    • West Coast Road Weather Data
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2009, 06:16:49 PM »
the davis station updates every 2.5 seconds, wireless, or wired options
you need to purchase the weather link data logger though if you have want to get data to a pc
Brian
info@weather-display.com
http://www.weather-display.com

Offline Clay

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2009, 07:24:02 PM »
You can get a wireless 6152 VP2 for $396+shipping here.

http://www.ambientweather.com/davaproandpr1.html
-Clay

Check out my new Davis Vantage Pro 2 on Wunderground