Author Topic: Is it worth getting Ultimeter 2100 weather station for under $1000 AUD?  (Read 3064 times)

Offline naththo

Hi,

This is Nathan from downunder.

I have a current weather station I own is Davis Vantage Pro I for over 5 years but I have feeling I need to upgrade, I didn't want to go for Vantage Pro II or Vantage Vue because I want to have a weather station that have all sensor seperated, not integrated one so I can put anywhere as I like. I looked at Ultimeter 2100 and I did like their feature and the quality of it, is it worth getting one? I have quoted the price is $760 USD but I haven't check shipping price yet. What do you think of that one?

Please let me know.

Thank you From Nathan.

Updated: It seems that I am surprised to see no reply to this post. But now I know why because most common weather station are Davis, Lacrosses and Oregon Scientific so I supposed it is because not many people buy other brand than those. So it is not quite helpful for my decision to buy a new weather station. Although I came across from one of topic here somewhere that stated about Rain gauge pro has a bit of downside but the Ultimeter has fixed the problem and is best to use with 2100 series. Do you think tipping bucket rain gauge might be better off with than that? I have seen review in google search and plenty of people are happy with the quality of Ultimeter actually so yeah it helps my decision quite a lot. But rain gauge is the one thing remain I have to consider about whether I should get Pro or just normal tipping bucket rain gauge like most official weather station use. I found out that the Ultrasonic anemometer that has downside problem that worries me a bit and I think I should stick to cups anemometer from now on until things have improved in Ultrasonic anemometer and wait until price go down for Ultrasonic Anemometer once it gets more common. One more thing is Reed Switch is a worry thought but its easy to get replacement still though.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 09:42:38 AM by naththo »

Offline DanS

• Chiang Mai weather
  • Forecaster
    • ThaiWx
Re: Is it worth getting Ultimeter 2100 weather station for under $1000 AUD?
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2011, 05:25:54 PM »
I personally can't speak for these but the few members on here that have talked about their Peet Bro.s stations have had nothing but good to say about them. I see by looking around what Australia has to offer and by your requirements of separable sensors, the Ultimeter 2100 looks like the way to go. Another station you may want to consider would be http://www.txwx.com/  but I don't know how difficult it would be for you to get, import costs, etc. Good luck.

anything