Weather Station Hardware > Weather Radios

Acurite weather alert radio

(1/12) > >>

Rhino:
Hello - I am a product designer for a company that makes weather devices, including weather radios in the last 2 years. We have a new unit available at walmart, a portable hand held model for around $30.00 with SAME.

We went through gov. Testing with it in the spring and received very good marks for it's performance, Just wondering if anybody has used it and what their impressions were?

thanks for any feedback or comments, im a curious fellow :-)

Thanks,
Rhino

NEOWx:
Picked one up today and I am very happy with this radio so far, I had been using my scanner with SAME for a while but wanted a mobile unit to take with me for some time but never got around to picking one up.

TNETWeather:
Is this the Acu-Rite Model 8550 unit?

NEOWx:
Sorry, it is a model#8550 unit.

Rhino:
Cool! Make sure you let us know what you think of it. One of the goals of the design and user interface was to really focus on the alert functions, leaving out an alarm clock and AM/FM radio and such. We found that a great number of average users were just confused by multiple buttons and functions that said "alarm" and "alert" , etc., really makes for a harder to set up and use (especially under stress during a weather emergency!) product when unnecessary features are added to simply "boost the perceived value".

AcuRite is relatively new weather alert radios, but we have had great feedback so far.

We have a few more units coming out over the next few months, including that same portable radio docked in a basic weather station/alarm clock. I want to hear what you all think of our weather radios, I sure hope there are not too many bad thoughts, but I will take those too ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version