Author Topic: Field study thermometer shields FARS 7755, Passive 7714, & new METEOSHIELD  (Read 17188 times)

Offline ValentineWeather

• Forecaster
    • Valentine Nebraska's Real-Time Weather
Re: Field study thermometer shields FARS 7755, Passive 7714, & new METEOSHIELD
« Reply #425 on: August 17, 2018, 10:38:01 PM »
I had trouble keeping my meteo bracket stable with just one U-bolt. Had to use 2, I guess your not having an issue with it?

So your still going to be testing the standard? Thought you were going to give up on it.

Long term testing.

This is some of the things they are looking at:

Recovery of air temperature & humidity after rain as compared to the FARS & 7714 & Professional

How it compares to the 7714 in non-ideal installations near sources of infrared radiation like over grassless terrain, farmland, near pavement or sun-exposed walls.

Long-term sensor protection from dirt buildup.

I'm giving them non-typical installations like using a Davis sensor vs probe type,  16” diameter shield, Davis rain bucket, exposure to ISS solar cells and whatever else I can through at them.

They have all the typical data so I’m giving data that’s unusual. 

Randy

Offline ValentineWeather

• Forecaster
« Reply #426 on: August 17, 2018, 10:45:20 PM »
Here is bottom view.
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]
Randy

Offline CW2274

• Forecaster
    • Conditions @ CW2274 West Tucson-Painted Hills Ranch
« Reply #427 on: August 17, 2018, 11:12:40 PM »
I had trouble keeping my meteo bracket stable with just one U-bolt. Had to use 2, I guess your not having an issue with it?

So your still going to be testing the standard? Thought you were going to give up on it.
16” diameter shield
So you're shielding their shield....
Kinda defeats the purpose of what it's suppose to be in the first place isn't it, a competent shield?

Offline ValentineWeather

• Forecaster
« Reply #428 on: August 18, 2018, 12:04:29 AM »

16” diameter shield
Kinda defeats the purpose of what it's suppose to be in the first place isn't it, a competent shield?

What did I just say? I'm doing what I want,  if I can make it better, I will. I don't care about their stock shield. Everything can be improved. 
The 7714 is no longer stock. It performs better with black inside.
The FARS is no longer stock with the AC fan. Even my Cocorahs gauge is better than the original design with the deeper funnel. I don’t like anything stock. Cars, trucks, ATV’s first thing I do is start making it better.
I tried that on my wife too, but didn’t go over well…  ;)

Randy

Offline SnowHiker

• Forecaster
« Reply #429 on: August 18, 2018, 04:11:47 AM »
This 454 Chevy engine could aspirate all your shields at once:

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Offline Bashy

• brecklandweather.com/meteo
  • Forecaster
  • brecklandweather.com/index.php
    • Breckland Weather
« Reply #430 on: August 18, 2018, 06:40:58 AM »

16” diameter shield

What did I just say? I'm doing what I want,  if I can make it better, I will. I don't care about their stock shield. Everything can be improved. 
The 7714 is no longer stock. It performs better with black inside.
The FARS is no longer stock with the AC fan. Even my Cocorahs gauge is better than the original design with the deeper funnel. I don’t like anything stock. Cars, trucks, ATV’s first thing I do is start making it better.
I tried that on my wife too, but didn’t go over well…  ;)

I take it the test is now void seen as you are modifying the shields? i was following this with great interest
Kind regards
Bashy

anything