Author Topic: Uploading to WU  (Read 1817 times)

Offline mbuster

Uploading to WU
« on: June 12, 2011, 11:29:55 AM »
Not sure of the issue, but got weather station installed and communication established to Pro2 console. Friday.

Yesterday installed WL 5.9.3, started uploading to WL.com and seeing info on desktop via WL-IP.  Registered with CWOP and WU and received confirmation.  At WL.com Uploads, checked CWOP and WU to send uploads to and entered required info.  Seems to be working for CWOP, but not sure about WU.  Going to WU from link at WL.com Uploads, it shows my station but says not active and no data submitted.  Somewhere on WU I read it says it may take 24 hours to show active.  However everytime I go back to WL.com Uploads the WU box is unchecked, I recheck and it shows to have saved the settings, only to return later to find WU box unchecked, but info still there.  Went into WL 5.9.3, added the WU expansion module, added my station name and WU password, hit TEST and keep getting message about station/password not right.  I can log in at see my assigned station, so I know it is not station/password issue as typed and retyped and retyped.  Read somewhere on WU, that with the WL-IP I have to go with WL.com and not WL software to upload to WU.

Same issue today with WU being unchecked again on WL.com.  Any ideas???  Do I need to go ahead and use 3rd party software (Cumulus, etc) to establish uploads to WU.  I thought WL.com would send data every 30 minutes.  Just trying to get things working simple before I get fancy.

Thanks,
Mark

Davis Pro 2 Plus, Solar/UV, WL-IP

Offline NickelPlate

Re: Uploading to WU
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2011, 01:15:00 PM »
I've read of others having the issue of the checkbox unchecking itself. Could be a browser thing maybe? I'd try a different browser and see if that helps. If not call Davis. I've found wl.com to WU uploads are many times not the most reliable, never tried wl.com to CWOP but I imagine it would be about the same. I finally put together an old computer and am currently running Cumulus and it's working very well uploading to WU (rapidfire), CWOP and PWS. I have a 5 second disconnect from the console once per minute to allow the wl.com site to get updated.

Cheers,

NP

Offline RainmanWeather

• Senior Contributor
    • RainmanWeather
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2011, 04:45:38 PM »
There has been a recent bug on WU with new station signups where the password is not recognized. Go to WU and log out, then back at the login use the reset password link box with your email. Follow the link sent in the email and reset your password (can be the same as it was before), this fixes the issue and data starts uploading.

Offline mbuster

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2011, 05:32:21 PM »
NickelPlate - Tried diff computer and diff browser but still same thing.  I did go ahead and download Cumulus, did not get warning about password/station issue, but station still showing not active at WU.  I un-entered my WU info on WL.com but left CWOP going.

RainmanWeather - Did the logout, forgot password email, re-entered password.  PWS showed active and started populating data immediately.  I had Cumulus set to rapid fire.

Appreciate ya both.  Now it shows to be too hot and humid to go out and finish touching up the weather station mounting and the demise of the old 10 foot satellite dish.  I think I'll leave everything as is and try to see why Cumulus didn't get data from yesterday.  Does downloading to software from WL-IP data logger remove data from logger?

Thanks again,
Mark
KARBENLO2
Davis Pro 2 Plus, Solar/UV, WL-IP

Offline NickelPlate

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2011, 07:47:41 PM »
Sorry for the delayed reply on this one. Not sure what else to tell if you're still having problems other than call Davis. Good choice on Cumulus. But downloading data from the datalogger doesn't delete it. My understanding of how the loggers work is when they fill up they just start overwriting the oldest record. So as long as you d/l your data before it starts getting overwritten you won't miss anything. How long you can go in between downloads before that happens depends on where you set your logging interval. If you have WLIP, Davis wl.com servers also archive alot more of your data than the module itself. I forget the actual number but it's like 4 or 5 times the memory of the actual module itself.

Regards,

NP